.McCabe "Speed will become a top class manager!" (The Star)

Kevin McCabe last night told The Star reporters that Gary speed "will get it right" despite a difficult start to his life in the Bramall Lane hot seat.

McCabe predicted the former Wales international will emerge "all the stronger" from a poor run of results which has left the club languishing in the lower reaches.

Acknowledging United's transfer policy in recent seasons has been "a failure," McCabe backed Speed to implement changes required to ensure long-term success. "Gary has ot all the attributes required to do that and will become all the stronger for the problems we're having now" he said.

"Every single one of the greats - Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger included - have had their fair share of lean times. I'm of the belief that in football - as in business and life - you come out of periods like this a more rounded, better person. That will be the case with Gary."

Where do you start with that one........

Well I agree with McCabe that Speedo will come well by the new year or at least the January transfer window, however I feel McCabe needs to stump up a bit of cash to help Speed bring in the right type of players so hopefully he will.

If Speed gets the funds in january then im sure he could attract good players, Its no good in geting loan players in all time need to start splashing the cash i no theres not alot but gamble.

Give the man time and im quite confident he will be a good manager Speed, be it with you or someone else, it sounds as though he's making the team play attractive football without getting the reward, thats where the time factor comes into play.

If Speed gets the funds in january then im sure he could attract good players, Its no good in geting loan players in all time need to start splashing the cash i no theres not alot but gamble.

This is the thing though, you only have to look at the quality he's attracted so far with his loan deals, I mean the likes of Andy Reid and Ritchie De Laet can't be grumbled at what so ever and are the quality that we need in the squad, my main grumble has to be the length of loans.....for me 30 day loan deals are not good enough.....you bring in quality for 30 days then when you send them back to their respective clubs then what?....your back to square one!

However again looking at the above players, it's a good sign that Speed is highly respected and can attract the names should he have the money to do so, I feel he's got a load more pulling power than any of our recent managers to date. Players will want to come and play for him.

I would be quite happy this season to bring in 3-4 good quality loan signings on season long loans with the view to signing them at the end of the campaign if of course Mr McCabe is willing to back up his decision to hire Speed financially by giving him the funds to improve.

I really sincerely hope Mr McCabe releases the cash to enable Speed to make an impact at The Lane because I know it's early days but I get really good vibes about Speed, It's blatently obvious he knows a great deal about the game and I feel if supported he could do a very very good job and go down as a Bramall Lane great!

Time and help from the board should see us ok.

We don't want to be in a hole we can't get out of in the meantime.

Time and help from the board should see us ok.

We don't want to be in a hole we can't get out of in the meantime.

See this is the point and also the beauty of it all......

Had Leicester not got that last minute penalty we would have gained 2 more points, what with the league being rediculously close and with few teams actually putting together a good run of results and consistant form, the league is very much still open.

If you look at it from a different point of view, 2-3 consistant results could take us mid table easy and then 4-5 could also put us in the top ten!

We need to learn to walk before we start running, I know that sounds simplistic but that about sums it up.

by all means give speed time with the right backing he will be a good manager but will he get that backing i very much doubt it

Mc.abe WILL NOT spend any money on new players of any quality

a player on 30 day loan is embarassing just wait till jan and see