*Sheffield FC - Discounted Physio to Amateur Footballers**

SHEFFIELD FOOTBALL CLUB's CHARTERED PHYSIOTHERAPIST IS OFFERING A DISCOUNT TO AMATEUR FOOTBALLERS

The football season is upon us - don't forget to register to qualify for a discount!

I would like to introduce myself as the Head Physiotherapist for the Sheffield FC first team.

I am very passionate about players receiving correct advice and treatment due to my own experiences. I was a pro-footballer in the early 1990’s – a time when ‘physio’s’ were not Chartered. Following 2 cruciate ligament injuries to my knees, I was given the wrong exercises to do for 2 respective seasons. Following this, I have had major muscle imbalance problems, which has subsequently lead to 10 operations in total! This meant I had to retire at 20 years old. My bad experiences prompted me to study at college then University to become Chartered, so I could help people and prevent them going through a similar experience to me.

After University, as well as all my NHS experience, I spent the best part of 3 seasons working with Huddersfield Town FC Academy, working with players aged 8 – 19.

I have recently opened a physiotherapy practice at Gleadless Townend - please see sheffield therapy centre on the net. (We are not allowed to give the address).

My treatment charges are usually £38 per session, however, I am willing to significantly subsidise this charge for any team that registers with us at a rate of £25 per session for footballing injuries. I treat acute injuries, as well as any longstanding ‘niggles’ that can reduce players’ performance.

I would be grateful if you could 'spread the word' on to all players’ and parents to make them aware that they can have access to a Chartered Physiotherapist.

To register your team please email your interest to [email protected]

Many thanks for taking the time to read my topic!!

Mark Roe