The Rebels NightClub Mk 2.

So this has been going for about 2 weeks now... Can someone sum up the music? If its all classic rock, GnR etc im not that bothered. Same old tat everyone plays. We are seriously lacking some decent clubs in sheffield that dare to be a bit different.

yes you are right a lot of places do play the same old tat it would be nice to hear some different tracks at least if not different bands.

I cant comment as I didnt go sat as I am currently away on hols I am in a interent cafe but though I would see what comments where made this week.

yes you are right a lot of places do play the same old tat it would be nice to hear some different tracks at least if not different bands.

I cant comment as I didnt go sat as I am currently away on hols I am in a interent cafe but though I would see what comments where made this week.

We were going to write and post a setlist but miserably failed to remember you need paper for that!

We did really aim to play a big mix of classics and new stuff and tried to play all the requests we were swamped with so missed out on some genres altogether - the punk bit being the main one, mainly because the only request, nay demand, we had was to 'play a Clash song in the next two minutes or I'm leaving' - I'd just put on a 5 minute track and the guy kept to his word and had left before it ended!

The owners really are committed to making both The Tube and Rebels work, it's just a shame so many punters aren't giving it the chance it deserves at the moment.

We did really aim to play a big mix of classics and new stuff and tried to play all the requests we were swamped with so missed out on some genres altogether - the punk bit being the main one, mainly because the only request, nay demand, we had was to 'play a Clash song in the next two minutes or I'm leaving' - I'd just put on a 5 minute track and the guy kept to his word and had left before it ended!

Music was definitely much better than the first 2 Saturdays.......I think the real problem here is getting people to come back and give it a second chance, its a difficult one as the Sheffield rock scene went out en masse for the first Saturday, but are generally unforgiving and won't give something a second chance if they dont like it. It's a problem I have had with rock nights in the past, get the opening night wrong and it will just tail off rapidly......

The Dove crew called in Saturday night for a few beers, top tunes!!!! And in case everyone did not know, Newcastle Brown is now at a very sensible price

Bring Back The Fez!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of us happened to like it.

Bring Back The Fez What For It Was Dead

The Fez wasn't dead, far from it. I take it you never went to UG, Pinup or any of the other events which were packed out week in week out?

Trust me the Fez is a classic venue, the dance community in Sheffield know this and there is a lot of good business sense to be said for reopening the Fez with a decent soundsystem in as a dance venue again. You would have it full right from day one, and there'd be none of this bickering that we're seeing on this thread.

yes u hav been voted out of the big brother house / metalheads u may leave the house lol come back whith some thin good metalheads lol

LOL LOL LOL:P I am back and ready for action LOL LOL:P

Rebels sucks and so does the Tube......I am off home to the States in 2 weeks so you have another 13 days of me LOL:P

me myself I will be going to rebels friday night to see if if it has got betta....LOL:P :gag::P:gag:

Rebels sucks and so does the Tube......I am off home to the States in 2 weeks so you have another 13 days of me LOL:P

me myself I will be going to rebels friday night to see if if it has got betta....LOL:P :gag::P:gag:

Looks like we will finally meet :hihi:

You do know Friday is Indie night there don't you? Only Saturdays are rock!

thank u for that jozafeen fri has been a mixture of rock and indie but sat is nothing but rock for what iv seen of it so far lol lol hahahahaha keep it going rebels

Looks like we will finally meet :hihi:

you dont wanna meet this girl......motor mouth!!! She will tear u to shreds with one lash of her tongue!!!!!