Appealing against a decision with SCC

I agree with the potential solution - i just don't agree to people ignoring council rules just because they want a pretty border.

As i said what would happen if we all started doing it on the grass verge - i live in/on a cul de sac, with two grassed areas ,no cars even approach the verge(except for one pratt who used it as short cut) Can i plant it up?

Wouldn't it be nicer if you did?

The fellow across the road from me has two planters he's placed on the grass verge here. I'm not complaining, they look nice and they help to deter people from churning the verge into mud with parking.

I agree with the potential solution - i just don't agree to people ignoring council rules just because they want a pretty border.

As i said what would happen if we all started doing it on the grass verge - i live in/on a cul de sac, with two grassed areas ,no cars even approach the verge(except for one pratt who used it as short cut) Can i plant it up?

Whats stopping you??

To be fair, it's out in the middle of no-where anyway, I'm not sure why the council even bothered.

---------- Post added 18-10-2018 at 11:07 ----------

How much traffic does that road get? Really?

It doesn't need to be a through route, so presumably it's just residents traffic (I include delivery vehicles in that).

Yet the press managed to get a few pictures of cars down the road in the short time they were there.

There's only a handful of houses down that road, so where are the cars coming from?

Wouldn't it be nicer if you did?

The fellow across the road from me has two planters he's placed on the grass verge here. I'm not complaining, they look nice and they help to deter people from churning the verge into mud with parking.

It probably would be for all involved.

But if the council want them removing why be stubborn about it,you have no right to plant them up or put boulders on the verge.

I see from the new pictures it extends to both sides of the road and not just 10foot in front of their own wall.

Quite alot of people would put large rocks etc on the verge where I used to live, to stop drivers churning them up.

It's fairly common.

Quite alot of people would put large rocks etc on the verge where I used to live, to stop drivers churning them up.

It's fairly common.

It is - i've seen it but if the council want them moving they've no right to leave them there. Not easy for council grasscutters either.

We have two large planters on the verge as you enter Spinkhill they look great,not in anyones way or likely to be a hindrance BUT if the council want them moving form council land then so be it.

I stand corrected if i'm wrong but after 12 years of maintenance by the people they can or could claim adverse possession fo the land.