Potholes! is this the solution for Sheffield?

I agree it's a good idea on the motorway and major roads but if you look at the general state of the B roads i'm not sure that one rig could cope.

Maybe i'm being naive but surely simply filling in a pothole with tarmac might be a more credible solution. Takes 2 mins to fill it. Man and shovel. Even if its not the best solution then at least there's something in the hole that might prevent a motorist getting a cracked alloy?

This type of "repair" lasts for weeks, it's a complete waste of time.

As the city has been given this grant to replace all roads I don't see why it was given to one company. Why not 2 or 3 and make the repair time half the time etc

Let's say Amey have 99 people working on the resurfacing. How would three companies employing 33 each get the work done in half the time?

This type of "repair" lasts for weeks, it's a complete waste of time.

maybe but at least something is in the hole. They simply aren't getting repaired fast enough.

I know there loads of pothole discussions but this different, rather than pointing out the problem.

I think.... I hope this maybe the answer to the pothole problems.

I'm not promoting the company, but this is the best solution I have seen.

I just hope the powers that be read this and sort the roads out once and for all.

http://www.roadmole.co.uk/

This one is much better.

AA breakdown patrols are now being equipped to repair potholes in a new service - AA Pothole Assist.

This one is much better.

AA breakdown patrols are now being equipped to repair potholes in a new service - AA Pothole Assist.

If only that we're true!!

I like the roadmole system very much but they didn't seal the edge between the new and old tarmac. In fact on most roadworks nowadays the crews never bother to seal the edges. I don't know why this is because they used to do it all the time? Once water gets in the gap and freezes during winter then the surface soon breaks up.

Good Evening,

I read with interest your posts on Pot Holes and that Road Mole had been mentioned. With reference to the comment of no top seal on the circular repair I would like to point out that the repair was done in 2014 and is as good today as it was the day it was undertaken. (see the case study on the road mole website)

Pothole and Ironwork repairs have been undertaken with and without a top seal and all are still sound after 6+ years. There has not been one failure.

I thought you may be interested to know that Road Mole is a finalist in the Highways Product of the Year 2018 award tonight in London.

It would be nice if any members could show support with a tweet or a like on facebook. It would really give the team a nice surprise!

Kindest regards

Linda

"It takes 10mins"

Needs a disclaimer. If Amey brought this in it'd take em 4 days.

Good Evening,

I read with interest your posts on Pot Holes and that Road Mole had been mentioned. With reference to the comment of no top seal on the circular repair I would like to point out that the repair was done in 2014 and is as good today as it was the day it was undertaken. (see the case study on the road mole website)

Pothole and Ironwork repairs have been undertaken with and without a top seal and all are still sound after 6+ years. There has not been one failure.

I thought you may be interested to know that Road Mole is a finalist in the Highways Product of the Year 2018 award tonight in London.

It would be nice if any members could show support with a tweet or a like on facebook. It would really give the team a nice surprise!

Kindest regards

Linda

You didn't win then?

Edit - Realised I'm replying to an old thread.

Edited by Cyclone