How Many Pubs Are There In Sheffield?

Perhaps. Which are the 5 pubs that have opened and the 3 that closed?

Suggestions, other are possible and I am walking downhill. Walking time, not 'crow flies' distances.

The Francis Newton

The Bloomery

Itchy Pig

Two Sheds

The Florentine

and many licenced restaurants and a few bars

Kings Head

The Hallamshire Hotel

The Hadfield

oops The Heavygate

Suggestions, other are possible and I am walking downhill. Walking time, not 'crow flies' distances.

Kings Head

The Hallamshire Hotel

The Hadfield

oops The Heavygate

Springfield Tavern (top of Broomspring Lane)?

Star & Garter?

We seem to be increasing both the time and distance radius here, may as well include the Walkley pubs like the Freedoms, Royal, Crown, Bath etc :D

The Old Grindstone is open again..... perhaps makeovers don't work.

Pubs nowadays need to be clear about what sort of place they are. Being 'anypub' is no longer good enough unless there is a surplus of passing customers. Cheap food pub. Gastropub. Micropub. TV sport pub. Pre-match pub. Live music pub.

I went in the Grindstone in the summer just before a world cup game. It had 5 or 6 handpumps but none were working. So it's clearly not a beer drinkers' pub. Must be a TV sport pub then?

I went in the Grindstone in the summer just before a world cup game. It had 5 or 6 handpumps but none were working. So it's clearly not a beer drinkers' pub. Must be a TV sport pub then?

The problem I reckon is that Greedy Kerching treats it as one of it's lowest-common-denominator cheap 'n cheerful pubs, with the decor and menu to match. If they lavished as much attention on it as they do the Ball, maybe it would do better.

Not as many as there use to be

Thanks for that Columbo

---------- Post added 12-10-2018 at 10:14 ----------

Basically if a out of town pub doesn't have live entertainment, SKY Sports or a decent food menu then it is going to close.

It's a shame really because I can't stand food pubs with kids jumping about and there is nothing worse than Karoke.