Collective stupidity

The problem with free flowing people is they will understandably all want to flock to the most developed countries where they can have the best life, eventually overwhelming those countries, and leaving their homelands in terminal decline.

We have an open door immigration policy now, the economy has grown and we have great prosperity, its only because our wealth is not spent fairly that there is unrest.

We have an open door immigration policy now, the economy has grown and we have great prosperity, its only because our wealth is not spent fairly that there is unrest.

But what about the economies of the countries left behind?

We don't have an open door policy.

We don't have an open door policy.

We have had record immigration and we are an island, you take my point.

We have had record immigration and we are an island, you take my point.

To a degree, but it could be literally 10 times if we did have an open door policy.

Actually, that's a concept worth pursuing. What if we, we being wealthy nations, did have an open door policy and could effectivly let in the third world, what would happen then? The wealthy nations would suffer but would the rest of the planet improve ecologically?

To a degree, but it could be literally 10 times if we did have an open door policy.

Would they come to the UK when other countries are closer and they don't have to pay to cross the channel?

We are only the 6th-9th richest country, some of our own people go to other countries, quite often poorer countries.

Would they come to the UK when other countries are closer and they don't have to pay to cross the channel?

We are only the 6th-9th richest country, some of our own people go to other countries, quite often poorer countries.

I don't know el cid, this is all a work in progress!

Are you a climate change expert?

Multiple Choice Quiz :

1 By how much has the EU committed to cut its greenhouse gas emissions by 2020? A 20% below the 1990 level B 12% below the 1990 level C 17% below the 2005 level

2 Which of these gases contribute to global warming? A Oxygen B Methane C Argon

3 Which of the following is causing sea levels to rise? A Warming oceans B Heavy ships C Erosion of beaches

4 If you are going to visit family at the other end of the country, which is the ‘greenest’ way to travel there? A By car B By train C By plane

5 Which of these is not a renewable energy? A Geothermal power B Solar power C Coal power

6 Through what instrument does the EU limit greenhouse gas emissions from power stations and heavy industrial sites? A The Montreal Protocol B The European Timber Regulation C The EU Emissions Trading System

7 To reduce risks and the impacts of climate change, the international community has agreed to limit the increase in global temperature to below a certain level. What is this level? A 3°C above the temperature before the Industrial Revolution B 2 °C above the temperature before the Industrial Revolution C 4°C below the temperature when Leonardo da Vinci was born.

8 Which of the following does not release carbon dioxide into the atmosphere? A Forest fires B Deforestation C Carbon capture and storage .

9 What proportion of food produced globally is wasted every year? A 1/4 B 1/3 C 1/5 .

10 Which of the following is true? A It is too late to fix the climate B Everyone can do their bit to fight climate change C Climate change has entirely natural causes.

As far as living on the moon. Morgan got there before anybody else :

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=morgan+the+moon&rlz=1CAACAJ_enGB652GB652&oq=morgan+the+moon+&aqs=chrome..69i57.14003j0j4&sourceid

Answers to follow.

Source:

https://ec.europa.eu/clima/sites/clima/files/youth/docs/youth_magazine_en.pdf

Edited by petemcewan

Are you a climate change expert?

I think you have got the wrong thread, lots of previous posts about climate change.

Its very hot at the moment, I believe that is just weather, does that make me an expert?

El Cid,

I'm pretty sure I've got the right thread. There's plenty of comment about ecological disaster and climate change .

If you get 10 out of 10 then you are an expert. There's plenty of educational material in the link if one cares to read. What better way is there to use the Forum than for mutual enlightenment purposes.

You see, the answers are in the link-if one can be bothered to read and search them out. However, I'll post the answers a little later.

Doesnt help when the most powerful man in the world believes climate change is à Chinese plot. He’s also deregulated oil companies so they can ignore any safety regulation they want. He’s very much a here and now President. Much as I detest the bloke Neil Kinnock was right in his critique of free market capitalism when he was Labour Leader, «* me and now «*

As someone noted above powerful rich psychopaths ruining the planet

El Cid,

I'm pretty sure I've got the right thread. There's plenty of comment about ecological disaster and climate change .

Are you thinking that if we do your quiz and get less than 7/10 we are the "Collective stupidity"?