Are you supposed to take the foil out of the margarine tub?

I always thought it was just there to seal it in the shop but someone insisted to me it should be left in?

I always thought it was just there to seal it in the shop but someone insisted to me it should be left in?

We take it oot and chuck it in the bin. The lid seals it when you put it back on.

Angel1.

That's a really good question, and I'm glad its being debated on here.

My Lurpak spreadable has a foil under the lid which I press against the butter when I'm done.

Once the Lurpak consumer careline re-opens tomorrow I'll give them a call and get an official response.

If your butter/margarine has a foil seal, then you've pretty much made it in life. A paper seal is for the lower orders.

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

Whoever told you it needs to be left on is talking rubbish. The lid provides an airtight seal.

Same with Philly cheese. I always remove the foil. What on earth is the point of leaving it on, as you cannot possibly 'seal' the tub again. Lid alone is fine.

I always thought the foil was to protect the margarine if the proper lid came off in the shop or wherever. I just bin it at home.

I always leave one end attached, and leave it on, tried taking it off before, and the edges dry out faster and become unusable, leaving it on seems to keep it much fresher for longer...

(especially since the lids aren't an air-tight seal)

I'm glad I'm able to make decisions like this myself...

Haven't bought it in years, as I don't eat bread that often, and my sandwich skills are rubbish. But in the past, I've always left it on, until it came off or started annoying me.