Dear Forum.. Unaccompanied 9 YO at a theme park

Dear forum

I can not identify myself which is why I have used dear forum this question may seem little for dear forum but there is reasons for this.

Do you think 9 is an acceptable age for child or children all of same age to walk around a theme park they have never been to before without an adult or adults consent? The children went with a club they are members at The adults was not told until children returned.

A parent I know is not happy about this situation but want other people's advice on the matter.

Thank you

Were they not accompanied by an adult into the park?

Which park was it? Most do not allow that age-group in without an adult.

Dear forum

I can not identify myself which is why I have used dear forum this question may seem little for dear forum but there is reasons for this.

Do you think 9 is an acceptable age for child or children all of same age to walk around a theme park they have never been to before without an adult or adults consent? The children went with a club they are members at The adults was not told until children returned.

A parent I know is not happy about this situation but want other people's advice on the matter.

Thank you

A direct answer NO. Much too young to be walking around a Theme Park unaccompanied.

Angel1.

Were they not accompanied by an adult into the park?

Which park was it? Most do not allow that age-group in without an adult.

Agreed with this. If they were with a club, then they should be supervised. And I would have thought most parks would not let 9 year olds in on their own.

I'm also surprised that a club would organise an activity without letting the parents know about it. How would the parents drop their children off at a club, not knowing what they were going to do?

It sounds very odd and disturbing... we need more info!

Can't see any issue with it - apart from The Club arranging things without parental consent,which would be an area of concern for me.

i wouldnt be very pleased if it was my children

Plenty of news stories around of child abusers stalking parks, even working there. So, no, its not right.

Arranging any trip out without the parents' consent would be a concern for me, even if it wasn't to somewhere which had the risks of a theme park.

Dear forum

Thank you

If there were no adults present, how did the children get to the theme park?

If they were with an adult (and I don't think a responsible theme park would let them in without one) then there's still the issue of consent - the club shouldn't take the children unless they have parental consent.

No chance would I let my daughter do that.. even when she's 13/14+! Kids can be naive to situations, just as some people go stalking. No chance would I ever even dream of it.. never mind 9 year olds.. I wouldnt even let a 9 year old go to the shop on their own. No no no no no

No chance would I let my daughter do that.. even when she's 13/14+! Kids can be naive to situations, just as some people go stalking. No chance would I ever even dream of it.. never mind 9 year olds.. I wouldnt even let a 9 year old go to the shop on their own. No no no no no

I was in theme parks on my own - in so much I was on one ride with mates and parents and younger kids on another ride at 13-14 maybe even a bit younger than that. I recall going to a theme park at 11 (12?) with school - Drayton manor? and don't remember being "on a lead" of a teacher the whole time. I think we had to meet at certain times but it's 30 years ago so it's a bit fuzzy, different times too.

9 seems a bit young. Are we sure they were 9?

Completely depends on the size and nature of the theme park, whether there were adults around if needed, if not with them the whole time, what they were told about when to check in with any adults present, which rides they could go on, etc, also the relative maturity of 9 year olds in question. My 9 year old is nearly ready to get on the bus across town to visit his friend (with some safety measures in place), but he is very mature and sensible for his age.