More Police on the streets

This thread is 10 years old and has anything changed for the better.m

I was just reading about a group of walkers who have had to disband because of intimidation by groups of kids in the Hartley Brook area.

This low level anti social behaviour leads to greater issues if it's not stamped out early.

The benefits of community and visible police presence is evident to me and is occasionally recognised by the police hierarchy.

Give them the money to do the job that the public require.

Part of the problem is undoubtedly public sector cuts, made worse by how these cuts have been implemented.

The cuts were given to public sector management to implement. Do you think they were going to cut their own jobs, or those of their chums? No, of course not.

As far as I can see the cuts have come in lower down the scale with front line staff bearing the brunt.

My old department had five senior managers before the cuts. After the evil,savage, Tory cuts - it still has five senior managers.

Our local council has a department part of which has responsibility for museums and castles. It has more senior managers than the district has museums and castles.

In West Yorkshire there is a police and crime commissioner. What people don't tend to realise is since that post was created the pcc has built quite a little empire. He now has more then twenty full time staff working for him, and some of the ones at the top are on six figure salaries.

That little lot would pay for quite a few constables, and it's the same story right across the public sector.