Amazon prime tv/music.

Depends if you are taking advantage of the Amazon ecosystem as a whole or not.

I buy a lot of things from Amazon, so the free next day delivery that comes with Prime is a real plus for me. The addition of the videos and films are nice to have, but that alone would not have been enough to justify Prime in my opinion.

The music is a bit different. Prime music has a very restricted library. I pay extra for Amazon Music Unlimited which is discounted for Prime members. Music Unlimited have a comparable library size to the likes of Spotify but cheaper, assuming you already have Prime.

I guess it is a good deal if one uses Amazon to purchase items for quick delivery. I don't really buy anything off it to be honest.

I have the £7.99 film/TV deal and also the music unlimited deal at £7.99. Both still free until October 1st. £15 in the grand scheme of things is nothing to me, but i'm interested in what others subscribe to.

---------- Post added 19-09-2017 at 19:38 ----------

Amazon prime is £7.99/mnth, not £15. I have it and consider it a bargain. Currently watching:

The Americans Season 2.

Ray Donovan Season 2.

American Gods.

The Following.

The Tick.

Ones I've finished include Mr Robot and Sneaky Pete, both excellent.

Plus, I have several other shows in my watchlist waiting to be watched and a few Amazon originals I'm waiting on being made.

The back library of films can be a bit limited but has certainly improved since it was just Lovefilm. New releases vary in price, I tend to avoid renting them as I can't guarantee I'll get them finished in time. They also have regular offers on new/old releases that knock films down from say a tenner to 99p. The free next day delivery on Amazon Prime orders can't be sniffed at either.

I did look into Netflix a few years ago but the selection seemed rather limited. It may be better now and is far better I believe if you join through the American site via a proxy.

I will pay once the freebie ends-£7.99 for the movies/TV stuff and £7.99 for the unlimited music.

Thanks for your input.

---------- Post added 19-09-2017 at 19:39 ----------

Had Spotify and Prime, then

Apple Music and Prime and now Spotify and Netflix again.

I reckon the best thing to do is to change up regularly - although Spotify is definitely staying.

This seems like a good pairing. May look into this. I did have Spotify a few years ago, so may check it out again.

Thanks everyone for feedback.:)

We have both, and I prefer netflix so much more. It has a wide variety, and one price so no paying any more. You can download films/programs to your phone or ipad what ever so you can watch it without Internet on the app. There's a larger variety and most of the netflix originals are decent. We pay £7.99 for netflix with 3/4 devices can't remember how many but it's worth it as we can watch it on both TVs in the front room at the same time with different programs, as well as my daughter watching one on her tablet. To be honest, we only have amazon for the prime discounts and next day delivery.

I like Spotify Prime. All the cheesy songs you could ever want, lol.:banana:

We have both, and I prefer netflix so much more. It has a wide variety, and one price so no paying any more. You can download films/programs to your phone or ipad what ever so you can watch it without Internet on the app. There's a larger variety and most of the netflix originals are decent. We pay £7.99 for netflix with 3/4 devices can't remember how many but it's worth it as we can watch it on both TVs in the front room at the same time with different programs, as well as my daughter watching one on her tablet. To be honest, we only have amazon for the prime discounts and next day delivery.

You must like your telly......one eye on each?

You must like your telly......one eye on each?

I couldn't do that. I'm short sighted as it is.