Sign in to follow this  

Knight Rider - The movie

Popular 80's show Knight Rider is going to be made into a movie. David Hasselhoff who originally played Michael Knight will produce the movie and star in it but not be playing Michael Knight this time around.

Hasselhoff also said that he wanted Knight Rider to be a 'serious' movie unlike the recent Starskie and Hutch.

It was one of my favourites as a kid but I'm not sure it can be a success if transformed onto the big screen. It would be good if the person who played the original voice of Kit would do it again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/news/entertainment/040413_hasselhoff.shtml

Meh, Hollywood will ruin it... They always do... Like they ruined Starsky and Hutch.

he is playing Mike Knight, he just aint the driver of kit anymore. Hes the big guy at the top now!

they will get some loser to sit in the car that the ladies fancy and the boys respect... like... Jim bowen! ;)

Are film makers really running out of ideas that they have to make films of t.v shows.... hhhmmm!!! which will be next?

It'll be Eastenders or Coronation St The Movie next! :lol:

Probably starring Halle Berry as Kat Slater, or Roseanne Barr with a fake Lancastrian accent as Janice battersby.

Originally posted by Lickable

he is playing Mike Knight, he just aint the driver of kit anymore. Hes the big guy at the top now!

they will get some loser to sit in the car that the ladies fancy and the boys respect... like... Jim bowen! ;)

My understanding of that then is that Knight will not be the main role as in the original.

Word is, it will be Mike Knight's Son that will drive the Car (Ben Affleck is being touted) so you will still have a "Knight Rider"

I hope they don't get Ben Affleck in it!

As for other tv shows becoming films what happend to the plans for tha A-Team film? i'm sure I heard Owen Wilson would be Face and Mel Gibson was front runner for Hannibal not sure on B.A or Murdoch.

I heard that they had Clooney in mind for Hannibal (George Peppard would be turning in his grave) and Mike Tyson for BA. Not sure how they would negotiate his weak voice and tattooed face though.

The big dude out of The Geen Mile was mentioned for B.A

Originally posted by Lickszz

I heard that they had Clooney in mind for Hannibal (George Peppard would be turning in his grave) and Mike Tyson for BA. Not sure how they would negotiate his weak voice and tattooed face though.

Not George Clooney!?!?

Mel Gibson would have been a good choice IMO, as for Murdoch they would probably get Ben Stiller, but I wonder how Jim Carey would fair in that role? Isn't the guy from Green Mile just a bit too big to be BA?