Suffer with high blood pressure.

For the last couple of weeks I have been getting mine checked and each time its been high. Had no symptoms before but now Im feeling breathless and tired and can feel my heart racing for no reason. I go back to docs next monday and if its still up I think they are going to put me on tablets, Im only 33.

Yeah. I got it.

Me too. Am on losartan for it. I'm 32. Had it for years.

I was diagnosed with high blood pressure at 35, been on medication for the last 12 years, Enalapril and Atenolol.

Reading some of the posts on here is enough to give you high blood pressure!

Have you thought about limiting your access to once a week to SF?

;););)

Seriously try garlic tablets every day. Garlic is said to reduce & regulate blood pressure & the reason why Greeks & Italians (along with their diet) have lower blood pressure than us Brits!

Lol I know what you mean, I dont come on SF as much as I used to probably once or twice a week. I might give the garlic tablets a try, odourless of course, dont want to keep people away from me hehe.

Had high b/p for the past 2yrs.Been on allsorts of medication due to side affects.

On three at the moment, But the cost of prescriptions i dont think i can afford much more.

Does anyone know if your on medication for what you have been told will be a life time(im 56) do you get help with the cost?

Had high b/p for the past 2yrs.Been on allsorts of medication due to side affects.

On three at the moment, But the cost of prescriptions i dont think i can afford much more.

Does anyone know if your on medication for what you have been told will be a life time(im 56) do you get help with the cost?

Depends on your circumstances. You will also, if relevent, get your pocket ripped to shreds by the insurance companies for travelling abroad.

I have, and am on 8 different tablets (not all for hbp) I simply could not have afforded them all if I wasn't over 60.

Depends on your circumstances. You will also, if relevent, get your pocket ripped to shreds by the insurance companies for travelling abroad.

should n't be a problem, i have had high blood pressure for over 20years , have a year round travel policy for europe with norwich union , never been a problem with getting cover just declare what medication your on

For the last couple of weeks I have been getting mine checked and each time its been high. Had no symptoms before but now Im feeling breathless and tired and can feel my heart racing for no reason. I go back to docs next monday and if its still up I think they are going to put me on tablets, Im only 33.

Atenolol the best beta blocker

Have you had your blood pressure measured?