Blinded by car lights at night

While driving at night if a car is coming to towards me on the other side of the road, my vision goes almost blank all i see is a big halo of light.

does this happen to everyone else, what can i do to make it better i feel i will hit something soon, but i have to drive at night.

While driving at night if a car is coming to towards me on the other side of the road, my vision goes almost blank all i see is a big halo of light.

does this happen to everyone else, what can i do to make it better i feel i will hit something soon, but i have to drive at night.

you must be a woman driver

While driving at night if a car is coming to towards me on the other side of the road, my vision goes almost blank all i see is a big halo of light. does this happen to everyone else, what can i do to make it better i feel i will hit something soon, but i have to drive at night.
Have you had your eyes checked recently? If not, you really should. Quite apart from the safety aspect, there are a number of eye conditions that if not treated can lead to serious sight problems.

Are you looking directly at the headlights or something? You should be looking past the lights not at them. Does it happen every time you pass a car? If it's only intermittent, it's probably one of the idiots these days that drive either on full beam or with fogs on which can seriously dazzle you.

billandben = idiot! :rolleyes:

Specsavers might be helpful?

Unless you are female who drives her children to school in a 4 x 4 then if so you might as well just kill yourself,as you are the scum of the earth, do nothing in your life except contribute to global warming and maim other people (see other thread started by Sandie for relevant info:roll:)

It doesn't happen to me. I would suggest getting your eye's tested before you kill someone, or yourself.

It happens to me occasionally and it can be quite painful, I just assume the headlights are badly adjusted.

Sometimes they can be dazzling at night but its only when ive just left the office (bright flurescent lights), and not to the point so I cant see. Once my eyes adjust to the night its fine.

I wear glasses (I am shortsighted) and I experience halos and starbursts around car headlights and streetlights at night, its worse when I'm tired or when its raining. Sometimes car headlights make it hard for me to see, I have to try to focus on the road, and not look at the headlights directly. I have to keep my car windscreen really clean.

I looked this up on the internet and apparently its common if you have had laser eye surgery or less commonly if you have astigmatism (which I have been diagnosed with).

I really need to get some anti-reflection coating on my glasses.

Is it all the time? If it was just sometimes could it be the other driver having the main beam on.

Is it all cars or just those with their extra bright lights?

I was just going to say this, too. You can get really bright headlights from Ebay which aren't road legal.