BT Broadband network keep disconnecting

Hi. I have upgraded our BT Broadband , we had the home hub 5 and as for the upgrade we have now been given the new BT Smart hub 6. I have changed over the hubs and connected all the ethernet cables as before and the wireless signal is better, however we have 2 computers using etherent cables as our computers dont have wireless which each pc has its own ethernet cable. my wifes pc's internet is working fine but mine keeps disconnecting. I have tried swapping over the cables and its still doing the same. i have updated my network driver (onboard REALTEK PCIe FE Family controller ) and still keeps disconnecting. my wife's onboard network is ( REALTEK PCIe GBE Family controller ). With the other hub we had no problems. What usb wireless dongle would be suitable for my BT Broadband using the Smart hub 6. Many thanks

Can I suggest with BT HH6 you, 1) separate the wireless networks, 2) Turn off Smart Setup

Separating the networks may not appear to solve your cable issue but its worth a try.

Smart setup re-directs connected devices to a BT page indicating what you get for using BT.

Separate the Wireless Networks

The router as supplied uses the same name for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, the upshot of which is you don’t know the network you are connected too, so separate the networks.

From the hub manager home page select Advanced settings > Wireless. Set the ‘Separate bands’ switch to ‘ON’. The 5GHz network will have ‘-5’ added to its name. Click ‘Save’.

Note the security password is the same for both networks.

Turn off Smart Setup

From the hub manager home page select Smart setup, Set the ‘Smart setup’ switch to ‘OFF’. Click ‘Save’.

Long shot here. Try dedicating a specific IP address for your PC and yours alone. It almost sounds like something else is joining the network and using your IP address and causing yours to disconnect in the process.

hi, i have tried doing separate wireless networks and smart setup off

no joy

ive also tried dedicating a specific IP ADDRESS

no joy

My final suggestion ( Note I have never tried this procedure): Windows 10 machine Network Reset

On the troublesome W10 machine open 'Settings'

Select 'Network & internet'

From the L H column select 'Status'

Select 'Network Reset'

Read and understand what network reset does, if happy click 'Reset now'

Post back success or otherwise

Hi did aq network reset as mentioned and still the same.

i have ordered a new updated network card and hopefully that will work

many thanks for your help in this matter and i will post back what happens with a new network card

---------- Post added 10-07-2018 at 21:02 ----------

It works and a network card for £3 happy days