Let's hope the flags are the right way.

I watched Loose Women for the first time this morning and the first thing that struck me was the bunting that was hung behind the ladies, it was the wrong way round. I also witnessed this at the Queens birthday bash at the Royal Albert Hall , someone had hung a Union Flag upside down over the bannister in front of them and it was facing the Queen.

I've already seen flags with the couples faces on and they were printed upside down (the stripes that is , not their faces.) If they are going to wave or hang flags and bunting then why don't they get them the right way up? The Royal organisers always get it right though.

First world problems...flags. :loopy:

What's the rule for the bunting where several flags hang downwards making them all sideways?

Or people who hang them on their wall from the edge downwards because they are too lazy to do it with the longer top edge?

At my kids school I noticed some Union Jack bunting made from paper that the kids had coloured in themselves; there were dozens and dozens of them and on every single one the diagonal stripes that are supposed to be red were blue.

I watched Loose Women for the first time this morning and the first thing that struck me was the bunting that was hung behind the ladies, it was the wrong way round. I also witnessed this at the Queens birthday bash at the Royal Albert Hall , someone had hung a Union Flag upside down over the bannister in front of them and it was facing the Queen.

I've already seen flags with the couples faces on and they were printed upside down (the stripes that is , not their faces.) If they are going to wave or hang flags and bunting then why don't they get them the right way up? The Royal organisers always get it right though.

Should this be a hanging offence?

Gets coat.

Edited by davyboy

Should this be a hanging offence?

Gets coat.

Which one, hanging the flag wrongly, or watching loooose women.

Angel1.

i bet it was a terrorist plot, perpetrated by muslims, to bring down our proud and glorious country from within :roll:

i bet it was a terrorist plot, perpetrated by muslims, to bring down our proud and glorious country from within :roll:

Well you never see a muslim flag hung upside down or the stars and stripes or any other country's flag , only the Union flag. I thing it's a complicated flag to get their head round because some white strips are broader than other white strips and a lot of people don't even notice that especially the Chinese. Most of our flags that are printed in China have same width white stripe.

I think the only times the White Stripes were on top was in 2003 and 2007.

Firstly, when we finally leave the EU, Sturgeon will go for independence at some stage so we'll loose the Saltaire. With the crosses of St. George & St. Patrick re-jigged it won't be a problem which way the new flag is flown.

Secondly, I don't believe it's the first time you've watched Loose Women!

---------- Post added 19-05-2018 at 14:52 ----------

Maybe we should have it in Latin across the top of the Union flag, 'This way up.'

[quote=

Secondly, I don't believe it's the first time you've watched Loose Women!

---------- Post added 19-05-2018 at 14:52 ----------

Ha, honest, it just happened to be on when my other half was watching it.:D

90% of people me included don't know or care which way round it should be flown.