Legal advice re.Wayleaves and Telegraph pole

Hi there. I have a telegraph pole in my front garden, near the drive, which I would like to have moved. BT Openreach have quoted £189 to come and do survey, and, it seems, I would then be expected for its removal. Somehow, given this is my property, and the wayleave agreement has expired this does not seem right. Has anyone any knowledge of ways to get around this ? thanks Can I for example, say its current position is unsafe, as it is on my drive, and could cause a crash hazard ? just an idea

Hi there. I have a telegraph pole in my front garden, near the drive, which I would like to have moved. BT Openreach have quoted £189 to come and do survey, and, it seems, I would then be expected for its removal. Somehow, given this is my property, and the wayleave agreement has expired this does not seem right. Has anyone any knowledge of ways to get around this ? thanks Can I for example, say its current position is unsafe, as it is on my drive, and could cause a crash hazard ? just an idea

There's a potential new Stanedge Pole there! Cut it down yourself and flog it to British Heritage, the Council or Peak Park. Forget the lottery, you'll have cash beyond your wildest imaginings! :o

My parents-in-law have had a street light in their garden for 45 years, and have never received a bean!

If you are their customer(direct or indirect) connected to that pole they have every right to have it there and charge you for any extra work on it.

But if not send them angry but polite letter saying that they are trespassing.

If they will not reply to resolve the issue within 30 days then

and they will have to collect said pole from outside your property.

If you are their customer(direct or indirect) connected to that pole they have every right to have it there and charge you for any extra work on it.

But if not send them angry but polite letter saying that they are trespassing.

If they will not reply to resolve the issue within 30 days then

and they will have to collect said pole from outside your property.

We have a pole in the garden that our leccy comes in by.. we get a cheque every year from them for letting them put the pole there..

If you have a telephone line then you're probably their customer and are stuck with it.

You could cancel the phone contract, have the line disconnected and then call them out to remove the pole???

That should be free then.