Alcohol free beer

I am now very sober despite the odds and looking for alcohol alternatives all the time. on a recent break in Poland I had some cherry Bernard larger which is breed in Czech republic. does anyone know where I can get this or similar in this country? thanks in advance

Edited by Park
spelling mistake!

Are you looking only for alcohol free fruit beers or any good alcohol free beers? If the former I don't know of any sadly, but I can recommend Erdinger Blue if you want something that tastes like good continental beer (not a lager!) without the booze.

I am now very sober despite the odds and looking for alcohol alternatives all the time. on a recent break in Poland I had some cherry Bernard larger which is breed in Czech republic. does anyone know where I can get this or similar in this country? thanks in advance

Sheffield Tap does some really good alcohol free beers. I've been sober for a few years now and they have the best selection (be it only about two) but still very good beers. As most places its just Becks Blue.

Morrisons carry Bavarian 0% lager unfortunately it is the same price as normal beers--

does take a bit of getting used to and is sad when you do---CHEERS

About the only alcohol-free* beer I've had that doesn't taste rubbish is Brewdog's Nanny State. All the others I've tried have been pretty rank, to the extent I'd think what's the point - may as well just drink something that isn't beer!

* it's legally classed as alcohol-free, but in reality is 0.5%

Morrisons carry Bavarian 0% lager unfortunately it is the same price as normal beers--

does take a bit of getting used to and is sad when you do---CHEERS

I'm currently pregnant so have had to give up the real beers for the time being and as I'm a bit of a beer lover it's been hard...Erdinger and Bavaria have done a job so far of getting rid of the beer cravings, but I view them in a similar category as e-Cigs or decaff coffee, not quite as good as the real thing!

About the only alcohol-free* beer I've had that doesn't taste rubbish is Brewdog's Nanny State. All the others I've tried have been pretty rank, to the extent I'd think what's the point - may as well just drink something that isn't beer!

That is interesting. I`m suprised it can be labelled as alcohol free. Tesco sell cans of value brand lager and it is 0.9%. I`m wondering what the cut-off point is where a beer can be legally labelled as alc free.

can't remember exactly but there's cutoffs at 0.5% and 1.2%. I remember as a kid you could buy cans of shandy up to 1.2% sold as a soft drink. not sure if it's even possible to make beer at 0.0%, alcohol-free beer is brewed 'normally' and then the alcohol removed, don't think it can be done 100% efficiently

Talking of which, does anyone remember a range of bottled drinks being brought out - called "Drivers", maybe? - which included whisky and dry, gin and tonic, etc?

Never tried one personally, but a mate of mine at the time claimed that they weren't bad.....

Presumably never caught on....

Interesting to note that when I do my online shop for Becks Blue (amongst other grocery items) it says it cannot be sold to under 18s.

Interesting to note that when I do my online shop for Becks Blue (amongst other grocery items) it says it cannot be sold to under 18s.

Interesting. When I was pregnant (and in my mid 30s, for the record), I was ID'd when trying to buy alcohol free wine in Morrisons. The confused person on the checkout ended up having to call a manager to sort it all out.

Incidentally, the wine was revolting - I should have stuck with grape juice and saved the bother!

Yeah, I made that mistake in Tesco. I bought the Brewdog's Nanny State as it said 'no alcohol' or 'alcohol free' (can't remember) … when I started pouring it later, I saw it said 0.5% alcohol!

No big deal unless you're an alcoholic like me, whereby any alcohol could/will be very dangerous.

I haven't drunk for several years now, and have no intention of starting again. I just thought it'd be nice to have something that tasted a bit like beer at Christmas, rather than my normal fruit juice. As it is, it ended up down the sink.

This is misrepresentation so far as I'm concerned, apart from being dangerous, and will be taking it up with Tesco as I feel the labelling should be a lot clearer. If it's 'legal' to advertise beer (wine, whisky) with alcohol in it as 'alcohol free', then I feel the law should be changed.

As it is, although back on fruit juice, the 0.0% alcohol 'San Miguel' and 'Bavaria' are quite palatable if served ice cold.