Yorkshire Jihadi in the latest IS snuff movie?

It's not mentioned in the news reports yet but the unofficial rumour is that the replacement for Jihadi John is a bit more local.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/12079126/Islamic-State-video-shows-murder-of-five-British-spies.html

Intelligence agencies were hunting a new ‘Jihadi John’ after an Islamic extremist with a British accent murdered five men accused of spying for the UK.

In a video released on social media the masked gunman warned David Cameron that the West could never win in the war against Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (Isil), while mocking the impact of RAF airstrikes.

In a further chilling twist, a young boy aged around four, and appearing to speak with a British accent, also appeared on screen, threatening to kill non-Muslims.

The victims were all shot in the head at point blank range after the well-spoken British sounding terrorist delivered his propaganda rant.

Why don't you go and watch the video for us and report back?

The article says the scumbag spoke with a London accent so where do you get the yorkshire link from? :huh:

From article=

A source in the Foreign Office said the propaganda video had likely been released to “divert attention away from Isil’s recent military failures in Iraq and its inability to look after the citizens in the areas it controls”.

As well as speaking with a London sounding accent, the terrorist made reference to the soldiers working being paid the minimum wage, further betraying his UK roots.

Edited by mafya

It's hard to tell with these jihadi rats. Could we really tell a 'yorkshire' islamist rat from a 'london' islamist rat? Do these things have distinct accents?

It's hard to tell with these jihadi rats. Could we really tell a 'yorkshire' islamist rat from a 'london' islamist rat? Do these things have distinct accents?

Do you mean 'London/Yorkshire Jihadi rat'?

Yes, a London accent is quite distinct from a Yorkshire accent.

As the op has pointed out :huh:'Yorkshire', (dunno where he's coming from on that one) are 'Yorkshire Jihadi's' to be feared more than their London counterparts?

The use of the term 'snuff' from our 'let me see how controversial I can be' OP is a bit of an insult to those that were murdered. It's the same sort of rhetorical gibberish that the nutters wielding machetes use.

Gutter style sensationalism from the op...as expected.

---------- Post added 04-01-2016 at 04:48 ----------

The article says the scumbag spoke with a London accent so where do you get the yorkshire link from? :huh:

How much does it matter? 'eyup' or 'shat ya mauf' said by a deranged religious throwback isn't likely to come up in conversation when the said knife wielding moron is coming at you.

Edited by cassity

Why don't you go and watch the video for us and report back?

It's not really my thing. The connection came from a conversation with a London based journalist pal who's on the ground with this sort of story but it is early days. The authorities seem to be quite good at quickly identifying these people so we might find out more one way or the other before long.

The article says he was well spoken, hardly likely to be local to here.

On the news it said a British accent . This terrorist should lose his British citizenship if he holds it, regardless of where he was born . Mohammed Emwazi was born in Kuwait , so the British Government should have stripped him of his citizenship when he was identified .

It's not mentioned in the news reports yet but the unofficial rumour is that the replacement for Jihadi John is a bit more local.

So what's an unofficial rumour? Who spreads these? What are they based on? Are there official rumours too?

A news report on Radio 4 just now said it was suspected he was from the south-east.

"He does not appear to have a regional or working-class accent."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/03/islamic-state-hostage-video-shows-young-boy-and-jihadi-warning-of-attacks

Edited by LeMaquis

Having now heard his voice I'd agree with my friend's report. It sounds more like somebody from Rotherham or Bradford using their telephone voice than somebody from the south east.

The terrorist's speech is on Youtube. He sounds both regional and working class to me. You can decide for yourselves.

Having now heard his voice I'd agree with my friend's report.

So these unofficial rumours are just your mate talking rubbish. The bloke's voice sounds nothing like a northern accent.