Has anyone been on holiday to Llandudno ?

I am booking my holidays for this year and am thinking of trying Llandudno. I've seen it in the holiday brochures but wondered if any members of SF have been there ? If so what did you think of it ? :)

Very nice. Clean and smart with quite a Victorian vibe about it. However we were only there for a weekend so not long to judge, and it depends what you're looking for. Didn't see a great deal for children although there is a pier with a few attractions.

There's also a great main shopping street with bars, restaurants and cafes, and the Great Orme for getting away from it all. There's also a theatre and cinema. Might be a lot more but we didn't have time to look.

We enjoyed it. We'd go back.

Very nice. Clean and smart with quite a Victorian vibe about it. However we were only there for a weekend so not long to judge, and it depends what you're looking for. Didn't see a great deal for children although there is a pier with a few attractions.

There's also a great main shopping street with bars, restaurants and cafes, and the Great Orme for getting away from it all. There's also a theatre and cinema. Might be a lot more but we didn't have time to look.

We enjoyed it. We'd go back.

Thank you Anna. That's helped a lot !

Been there several times on day-trips when staying in the area, but never in Dudno itself. I like it well enough, gorgeous beach and plenty to do and see.

Been there several times on day-trips when staying in the area, but never in Dudno itself. I like it well enough, gorgeous beach and plenty to do and see.

Thank you. Your comments have made me make a booking.:)

Very nice place. I remember it been clean, very clean. The pier was good and I believe we drove up "The great orme" there is a tramway and fun to be had up there.

Had a couple of afternoons there a couple of years back when I was working near by. Can only echo the above comments - for a decent sized Victorian seaside town it's immaculate. The pier was being refurbished when I went but it was still accessible. One thing I noticed was at almost 6 on the dot the realitivly empty pier was suddenly loads busier with old people having their evening constitutional!

I been to Llandudno a few times this year. We stayed in the Grand Hotel on the seafront. But it was just a few blokes for a boozy night away. Wouldnt recommend the Grand though if you want an half decent Hotel. The cable car ride is a must when your there i went on and i was terrified dont like heights but when you get to the top of the Great Orm i think its called its worth it. Lovley place nice seafront and the locals are great.

A friend has a holiday flat there, been a few times. Plenty to see around all the coastal towns (castles) and the countryside within. Great little shopping center, Anglesey also.

Went for the weekend in November when there was an excellent firework display.

Apparently a few hotels not up to scratch but you get that everywhere. We stood on the sea edge to watch the display but there didn't appear to be a beach only huge pebbles, but as the tide was in I don't know if there is eventually sand. My impression was one of decayed elegance but like I said was only there for the weekend.

It's a dump round there! Miles and miles of dilapidated holiday caravans and 'amusement' arcades. Shantytown. All the top bit of Wales is, until you get to Anglesey, which is lovely.

Going down the left side of Wales again, it's fairly okay, 'til you get past Aberystwyth when it gets a lot better. South coast's better with places like Laugharne and Llansteffan (Tenby's picturesque, but a bit candy-flossy) … even Pendine. I did the whole lot last year in the Alcomobile™ so I know what I'm on about. :thumbsup:

It's a dump round there! Miles and miles of dilapidated holiday caravans and 'amusement' arcades. Shantytown. All the top bit of Wales is, until you get to Anglesey, which is lovely.

Going down the left side of Wales again, it's fairly okay, 'til you get past Aberystwyth when it gets a lot better. South coast's better with places like Laugharne and Llansteffan (Tenby's picturesque, but a bit candy-flossy) … even Pendine. I did the whole lot last year in the Alcomobile™ so I know what I'm on about. :thumbsup:

You're right alco.theres a lot better on the welsh coast,depends what you want from the holiday.