UKIP without Farage, better or worse?

I would agree that UKIP would be much better off with Carswell as leader.

However, Carswell knew that UKIP were grumpy anti-immigrant obsessives when he defected from the Tories. That's a big part of their appeal if we are being honest about it.

Carswell makes a good tory plant.

It doesnt matter, with Corbyn running Labour, the Tories are a kick in in 2020. The Tories dont need to appeal to the right wing UKIP lot as many middle of the road Labour voters are going to vote Tory.

UKIP are finished as a serious contender already, Once the referendum on Europe is over they are redundant. Assuming their support then come back to their natural home, the Tory party, we become unbeatable.

They would be worse off regarding attracting publicity . They are more of a pressure group than a political party and Nigel Farage should be credited for his part in ensuring there is to be an in/out referendum regarding the UK's membership of the EU .

They would be worse off regarding attracting publicity . They are more of a pressure group than a political party and Nigel Farage should be credited for his part in ensuring there is to be an in/out referendum regarding the UK's membership of the EU .

^^^^^^^ agree ^^^^^^^^ :thumbsup:

Carswell makes a good tory plant.

In the days when he was a Tory I used to wonder if he was a UKIP plant!

Saying you need a new leader while refusing to stand for the job or suggest an alternative does look more like the actions of a troublemaker than someone trying to effect positive change.

But you've got to admit Farage is a terrific orator as leader of the party, and I doubt whether any other leader could receive the publicity he does.

But you've got to admit Farage is a terrific orator as leader of the party, and I doubt whether any other leader could receive the publicity he does.

The problem is he gets bad publicity. Donald Trump has got plenty of publicity but that doesn't make him the best choice as leader.