As expected, you aren't allowed to defend your home

It's great that you'd be happy to spend time in prison should you ever be in the unfortunate position of accidentally killing someone. After all, you might have developed a taste for murder after your first experience of it. :huh:

I often think some of you lot post stuff like this because you really can't envisage yourself ever being in such a precidament, not because you think it's a fair way of dealing with things.

I personally think that justice should apply equally to everyone. If ever I was in that predicament, I would expect to be investigated, and tried, and charged as appropriate.

As opposed to a blanket and arbitary "he's never done it before, so it must have been an out of character mistake"

I personally think that justice should apply equally to everyone. If ever I was in that predicament, I would expect to be investigated, and tried, and charged as appropriate.As opposed to a blanket and arbitary "he's never done it before, so it must have been an out of character mistake"
I wasnt saying you shouldn't be investigate and tried, just that automatic remand for what could be months, isn't fair on a person of previous good reputation. In the particular circumstances of the op, it seems pretty obvious what happened and he's not likely to be in the same situation twice, is he? So there should be some room for manoevre by the court.

The guy who stabbed a burglar after a brief struggle is currently facing murder charges:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2702412/Murder-rap-for-Omari-Roberts-who-knifed-burglar-and-accomplice.html

Yet again, sends out a fine message to burglars that they are indeed untouchable. In the USA, you are allowed to protect your home by "any means necessary" against burglars.

In this country, should you even touch the burglar you are violating his human rights.

What would you deem as acceptable ways to protect your home? If a burglar was showing violence towards you or your property, what would you do?

Is the right not to be stabbed a new human right that no one has mentioned before, or are you just talking absolute cobblers?

It's not unusual for someone to face a charge if the CPS consider the level of force to be unreasonable, that doesn't mean he'll be convicted. Hopefully a jury of people smarter than you will find him not guilty.

I like the way it is here. If someone breaks in they have lost all their rights.

You can kick the living crap out of them without a word from the cops.

In fact, one wrong word to the cops and they get it again.

See it on TV from time to time. Someone was stealing mobiles. A crowd caught him in the act and knocked him into next week. As they handed him over to the cops the news cameras were there. Don't know what he said wrong but the cops beat him up again on live TV for whatever he had said.

Not much crime around here.

See it on TV all the time. Someone was stealing mobiles. A crowd caught him in the act and knocked him into next week. As they handed him over to the cops the news cameras were there. Don't know what he said wrong but the cops beat him up again on live TV for whatever he had said.

Not much crime around here.

You've just told us about two cases of extreme assault. How can you claim there's not much crime?

You've just told us about two cases of extreme assault. How can you claim there's not much crime?

No, they have just told us about two cases of Justice being implemented ,unlike in this country ,where the criminal is wrapped in cotton wool and protected at every turn by the loopy left runnig our country

What would you deem as acceptable ways to protect your home? If a burglar was showing violence towards you or your property, what would you do?

difficult one paul!

the grrr! part of me says that i would kill him

and the buddhist part of me says...its only stuff - it's not worth a life

not sure which would get the upper hand in a struggle

guess it would depend on how threatened i felt - and how violent they were

As far as im concerned ,if someone enters your property illegally, they are fair game . i have a 6ft fence around my house with carpet gripper nailed on top (very sharp it is too ) and a big dog in the kennel in the yard . so if mr scumbag somehow manages to get over my fence without ripping his thieving hands to shreads ,and manages to survive my security consultant in the back yard - i`d finish the job off .

im sick and tired of criminals having more rights than victims in this country.

I have a friend who moved to London a few years ago. Before he moved, he was living in a shared house. He came back down here a few months later to see some friends and rang one of his ex housemates to see if he could stay for a few nights - ex housemate said yep, no problem, give me a ring when you're down here.

Anyway, his phone battery died the day he came down, he went out and got fairly drunk and had nowhere to stay. Still having keys for the old house, and having already spoke to the ex housemate, he figured it would be OK to just let himself in and crash on the sofa.

Here's the (predictable) twist - his old housemates had moved out 2 weeks earlier, but they'd not mentioned it on the phone. Luckily, there was no-one living there, he slept on the sofa and only realised in the morning that everything was gone - he managed to sort it out shortly afterwards with the ex housemate and everything was good again.

Now if someone had moved in, a family perhaps, and come across him, are you genuinely suggesting he deserved to die for not charging his phone?

Not crime. Just faster justice.

Not crime. Just faster justice.

How can you call it justice when there is no trial.

You could invite someone over, break a window and kill them, claim that they broke in and get off scot free.

Where's the justice then?

What is it with this country? It's always the people who stand up for themselves that get into trouble, not the one who started it.