Need help with a Gumtree theft/scam

If I were a corrupt seller, I would make sure by very simple means, to ensure that my feedback count was second to none. Obviously this could only be acheived short term, but it must happen. I’m currently awaiting delivery of an item that is fantastic value, but as it’s half the price of it’s closest competitor, even with only 27 positive and 2 negative ratings, I am taking a risk, but PayPal will refund if it’s a no show, so what the hell? :suspect:

As I suspected the seller was a scammer, he/she must have been looking for credit/debit card details. The sales web site emailed me and advised that I contact my payment centre, all is now well, but I noted that the seller was back with another user name and immaculate feedback.

Go ahead and explain how you would get a score of >1000 to scam someone out of a few hundred quid... Very simple means you said.

I bought the 2nd pair of sunnies by the way, regular paypal, through ebay, I don't think ebay even allows sellers to request gift pay.

You can buy eBay accounts with a good feedback rating=

http://www.unlimitedaccounts.co.uk

https://stealthbuy.co.uk/ebay-accounts-for-sale-uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk_7z7KOi3AIVp5PtCh313wOCEAAYASAAEgL5TPD_BwE

Wasn't aware of that, thanks.

Go ahead and explain how you would get a score of >1000 to scam someone out of a few hundred quid... Very simple means you said.

I bought the 2nd pair of sunnies by the way, regular paypal, through ebay, I don't think ebay even allows sellers to request gift pay.

Things that are simple to some are very difficult for others, such is life. ;)

Wasn't aware of that, thanks.

Well rated accounts are also big targets to be hijacked by scammers/hackers.

Well rated accounts are also big targets to be hijacked by scammers/hackers.

Yes that’s exactly what happened to me, they copied the genuine site advert and simply inserted their details. As I only use PayPal I wasn’t worried, the price was too good to be true, and it was.

Yes that’s exactly what happened to me, they copied the genuine site advert and simply inserted their details. As I only use PayPal I wasn’t worried, the price was too good to be true, and it was.

You're not describing a bought or a hijacked account here though.

You appear to be describing a cloned website, which is obviously quite a different scam to using a highly rated ebay account.

Post(s) have been removed because they could be considered to breach our Terms of Service or Forum Rules. If you cannot get along then put each other on your ignore list.

Any further and you will be suspended.

Understood, over and out.

Edited by Calahonda

I am sorry, but chances for paypal to resolve this in your favour are very slim.

At one point, they will say that you should go for private lawsuit, because, it's all he sad- she sad for them.

Web sales site inform me that sale is a scam and to contact payment sourse, contacted PayPal and cancelled payment, payment cancelled and money returned to bank, what’s the problem? :confused:

Web sales site inform me that sale is a scam and to contact payment sourse, contacted PayPal and cancelled payment, payment cancelled and money returned to bank, what’s the problem? :confused:

I am glad that everything worked out at the end. I had a bad experience, been scammed in the similar way