Friday 13th Aarghh!

please share your stories to make me feel better

last year I did a load of external paintwork on our house, took several days to do the prep, and I finally went to bed happy with all the prep and 1st undercoat finally done - it rained in the night and wrecked the undercoat. A week ago I finally plucked up courage to strip it all and start again - its taken all week getting fired in the sun at times. Last night the second gloss went on to finish and this morning I wake up to rain . . . . omg!!! :(

Someone is gonna come on here and ask what have you been doing for the last 6 weeks of glorious sun.

please share your stories to make me feel better

last year I did a load of external paintwork on our house, took several days to do the prep, and I finally went to bed happy with all the prep and 1st undercoat finally done - it rained in the night and wrecked the undercoat. A week ago I finally plucked up courage to strip it all and start again - its taken all week getting fired in the sun at times. Last night the second gloss went on to finish and this morning I wake up to rain . . . . omg!!! :(

I'm not sure today's date has anything to do with the weather.

This evening my husband turned the electric cooker on, a flash of light and smoke coming out the back! He pulled it out to look and could hear a hissing? After some investigating ( and smelling) we could tell the capped gas pipe was leaking. Turned off the gas main called out the emergency gas people ( very nice man!!) who could not repair the fault but has made it safe so now we have no working boiler as gas off till pipe can be made safe and no cooker. So yes Friday the 13th has been a tad rubbish in this home!!

It's my brothers birthday today, someone has to be born on the 13th and don't forget in two days time it will be St Swithens day and if it rains on that day we all know what happens then ( allegedly)

Friday 13th sees less incidents and injuries as people put off doing things and take extra care. Mildly ironic.

Don't know about Friday but thirteen is my lucky number. My husband was born on the 13th, we waited 13 years for a much wanted baby who was then also born on the 13th.

Both me and my O/H were born on the 13th. My 13th birthday was on a Friday.