NHS day - 70 yrs!

I’m a bit surprised that there has been no other topic covering this today on here (apologies if I’ve missed it).

I thought it might be a good opportunity to praise the good experiences for a change... and no, I do not work for the NHS!?

---------- Post added 06-07-2018 at 01:05 ----------

Ok, well after that overwhelming response ....

I’m going to say.... yeah, they might have nearly killed a family member of mine.... but ... they’ve saved quite a few too!!!... One being my son who had the cord around his neck during labour and was swiftly dealt with by ‘Lynn’.... ???????? Lynn x

In the first year doctor's surgeries were packed full and by 1950, 17 million people got glasses and 9 million false teeth.

The NHS was overwhelmed by the demand for glasses; the provision of glasses has now gone private and optical prescriptions are very much restricted to the poor. The NHS needs to look again at what it gives for free, and for what it charges.

What happened BEFORE the introduction of the NHS, did people have to pay for hospital treatment ?.