Motorways, "middle lane hoggers" ?

Don't forget insane speed as well.

I didn't realise a 1 litre Corsa could crack a ton until I saw it in Belgium.

I remember getting up to 85mph in a 1 litre Metro going downhill on the A30, the whole car was shaking!.

You as well?
I spent most of my early motoring life driving in northeast France, close to the Belgian/Lux/German borders ;)

A formative experience if ever there was one, in terms of experiencing various nationalities behind the wheel.

Especially the Nancy-Luxembourg A31 motorway section during periods of mass holiday departures and returns (just about every Southern France-, Spain- and Italy-bound Dutch and Belgian caravan-puller and artic transits through that stretch, always has).

I remember getting up to 85mph in a 1 litre Metro going downhill on the A30, the whole car was shaking!.
I got done for speeding here with a 1L 205 a couple of decades ago. The radar said 92 mph (148km/h) :o

I claimed bollx "not in a million months of sundays with a hurricane pushing at the back, the radar must have been out of calibration and/or influence by overhead power lines" by way of mitigation, but the tribunal was having none of it :mad: 6 months ban :(:D

Edited by L00b

I got done for speeding here with a 1L 205 a couple of decades ago. The radar said 92 mph (148km/h) :o

I claimed bollx "not in a million months of sundays with a hurricane pushing at the back, the radar must have been out of calibration and/or influence by overhead power lines" by way of mitigation, but the tribunal was having none of it :mad: 6 months ban :(:D

That's impressive! It's great when you're young and you think that you're bullet proof and you'll live forever.

It's great when you're young and you think that you're bullet proof and you'll live forever.
Isn't it just? ;)

Nice of you to leave out 'stupid', presumably out of courtesy...but I wouldn't have taken offense as it was deserved (particularly as, 2 decades ago, that entire straight stretch was bordered by oaks on either side, all the way to the double carriage lane).

Reminds me of that old joke a British friend has told me a few times over the years: what's the fastest car in the world?

A Fiesta XR2i with 2 lads going out on the pull on a Friday night :D

Edited by L00b

Isn't it just? ;)

Nice of you to leave out 'stupid', presumably out of courtesy...but I wouldn't have taken offense as it was deserved (particularly as, 2 decades ago, that entire straight stretch was bordered by oaks on either side, all the way to the double carriage lane).

Reminds me of that old joke a British friend has told me a few times over the years: what's the fastest car in the world?

A Fiesta XR2i with 2 lads going out on the pull on a Friday night :D

What was the speed limit on that road? I only got 3 points when I got stopped by an unmarked car doing 92mh on the motorway. Is Belgium much harsher on sentencing for speeding?

What was the speed limit on that road?
90 km/h (50).

The sore point with the Tribunal was more the 'age' of my driving license at the time (3 or 4 months IIRC), tbh :blush:

I only got 3 points when I got stopped by an unmarked car doing 92mh on the motorway. Is Belgium much harsher on sentencing for speeding?
That was France and I wouldn't know, I never got stopped in Belgium.

Unfortunate for you that, as I've driven the E411 up and down more times than I care to count over the years (20+), often as not amongst the slower-going cars at 140-150 km/h (:o) with plenty of large Belgian and Luxemburg-reg'd BMWs and Mercs flying by comfortably nudging 120mph and beyond (Luxemburgers in particular are just about all speed merchants, more so than Germans), and not ever seen one car stopped by police. Ever.

Edited by L00b

90 km/h (50).

The sore point with the Tribunal was more the 'age' of my driving license at the time (3 or 4 months IIRC), tbh :blush:

That was France and I wouldn't know, I never got stopped in Belgium.

Unfortunate for you that, as I've driven the E411 up and down more times than I care to count over the years (20+), often as not amongst the slower-going cars at 140-150 km/h (:o) with plenty of large Belgian and Luxemburg-reg'd BMWs and Mercs flying by comfortably nudging 120mph and beyond, and not ever seen one car stopped by police. Ever.

Apologies, I misread your post and thought it was in Belgium! :) 42 mph over the speed limit would likely end in a ban here as well!