UK flooding again

Hold on, zero hours contracts aren't down to the government, but the Conservatives have introduced a new law that prevents zero hours employers from preventing employees from working for somebody else if they aren't working for them. It's not perfect but it's a start and it's more than Labour ever did since zero hours contracts flourished during their tenure. Labour used them enthusiastically in fact, including in government, the civil service, local government and especially in their own party.

You should stick to making statements that are true instead of ones that you invented. It undermines the very good things that you say.

This is about flooding not about politics. Only reason I mentioned it was to answer someone else question and then clearly mentioned that flooding is a real life issue, not a political one.

If you are happy with the Tories and want to believe them, good for you it is not my problem, and it is perfectly fine to me when others have their own opinion on it, no need to defend yourself.

If you want to continue a meaningless discussion about employment and politics we will have to open a new thread on that. Politicians, politics don't stay on topic, always try to sell themselves.

If someone asked me which one was worse, a politician or a flood I would have a hard time to make up my mind on that.

Your apology is accepted.

If people would spend real time and energy in flood defense instead of their party image England would not have flooded.

Environment Agency chairman Sir Philip Dilley, who faced criticism during the recent floods, has resigned.

He said the role now required him to be available at short notice and this was "inappropriate in a part-time non-executive position".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35285020