Tonsillitis - Help!

Thanks yeah ive been taking ibuprofen its so horrible feels like I am swallowing glass shards :'(

If you are in such pain and have been taking the antibiotics for 4 days without much change, I would go back to your doctor. If you allow Tonsillitis to progress, you can end up with what is called Quinsy.

I have had it twice and the swallowing glass feeling was the precursor.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Quinsy/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Try gargling and then swallowing a dissolved 300mg Aspirin tablet - this worked a treat for me but be sure you're not taking anything else containing Aspirin,you have no contraindications for taking Aspirin and stick to the recommended dosing on the packet.

Aspirin is an anti inflammatory and can work directly at the source of inflammation and pain as well as systemically.

Edited by Daven

Placebo at best. The relevant pain pathway isn't in the tissue that you're applying it to. Oral ibuprofen administration is just as effective as topical. Feel free to look up the comparative efficacy double blind tests for yourself but I wont respond further to any insistance about voodoo pain relief ideas that have been scientifically dismissed.

I think you are mixing up paracetamol and ibuprofen. COX-2 is inhibited in the CNS by paracetamol, but ibuprofen inhibits it earlier in the tissues which is why it is considered an NSAID and paracetamol isn't.

---------- Post added 08-01-2016 at 12:04 ----------

Gargle salt water then rub piece of cut garlic on the tonsils.

Applying allicin at such conecentrations is only going to irritate and increase the pain. I've heard witch doctor stuff before - just stick to proven safe drugs rather than this rubbish.

Hello thanks for the replies I appreciate your advice thanks

If you are in such pain and have been taking the antibiotics for 4 days without much change, I would go back to your doctor. If you allow Tonsillitis to progress, you can end up with what is called Quinsy.

I have had it twice and the swallowing glass feeling was the precursor.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Quinsy/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I'd go with this. After four days you would expect some improvement for simple tonsillitis. It does need someone to at least check on it.

I've heard witch doctor stuff before - just stick to proven safe drugs rather than this rubbish.

Eh?!!! Gargling salt water, and applying natural garlic, 'witch doctor' stuff?!!! :loopy::huh:

The Greeks have used these for centuries, it's all NATURAL and WORKS.

I suggest you stick with chemicals and make the pharmaceutical companies a fortune.