Old TV Movie Question

Hello. I have been racking my brain trying to figure out what the name of a particular old tv movie from the late 1970's or early 1980's was. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it. All I can remember is that it took place in the country and the main character a woman wittled wood and made dolls out of the wood. In one scene her daughter is playing on the railroad tracks and gets hit by the train. In another scene her son gets sick and can't breath so she performs a tracheostomy on him with her knife and a stick. I really would like to know the name of this movie if anyone remembers it. I believe the word "doll" was in the name but not sure. I also think it was only on television. Thanks for anyone's help.

bloodyhell i'm glad i didn't watch that as a nipper that would have scared the s*** outta me!!

try http://www.imdb.com if you can remember any of the actors names or even part of the title it may help!