Channel 4 to show abortion footage

I think that its inspiring when people have disabilities but still get on with their lives, and enjoy them as much, if not more than others.

Don't you think that aborting a baby for a 'major disability' is unfair as the majority of people would rather live than die even if they are severely disabled. I've said this before but I don't think anyone should be denied a life just becuase they are disabled.

Originally posted by elf

When I was pregnant and told the midwife I didn't want the test to see if my baby had downs I was treated like I was stupid.

What the **** is all that about?

Yep - yet they (the midwifes) seem all too keen to provide you with the abortion option should anything (God forbid) go wrong.

A parent doesnt know there are problems until after the child is born due to the brain been starved of oxegen during or after birth

until the child grows and developes no 1 can say how the damage affects the child mentally or physicaly

my daughter had servere cerebral palsy and needed 24hr care

i also have another daughter who has autism ,both these conditions can not be found in pregnancy so mums like me dont have to decide as fate decides

i was told that i was high risk of spina biffida with my child with autism but i still chose to keep even though i was giving 24hr care to my other daughter

her life was so prescious she died when she was 10yrs in her sleep that was 4yrs ago she had such a spark you could read her eyes she always laughed and was very happy

a pleasure to care for :-)

I saw the C4 programme and the early abortion did not look like anything in fact I could not see what we were supposed to see when it was pointed out. I believe in women's right to choose. It is too personal for anyone to say what is right or wrong.

I did see a BBC2 programme following medical students training to be doctors several years ago when they had to watch a late abortion and although we did not see specifics they explained what they were doing. They cut the baby up to get it out and I was horrified. However, until we have walked a mile in the other persons shoes who are we to judge. :)

I can see both sides of the argument, but I will always disagree with people who wish to impose their morality onto someone else. So I'm pro-choice. If you choose to say now (from an easy position) that you would never have an abortion, then fine. But don't tell anyone else that they should choose the same as you.

Originally posted by fuzbuz

If ur mum turned around and said in a conversation oh yes love you was almost aborterd that is the ultimate heart breaker and its really upsetting and makes you feel worthless!!!

I wouldn't be heartbroken. I'd understand my Mum was in a situation where she couldn't of brought a baby into the world and she considered taking steps to stop that. Its not heartbreaking.

Originally posted by fuzbuz

You cant just controll nature and do gods work in killing a baby that is totally dependant on its mummy INSIDE and outside the womb!!!!!!!!

God created men and women with minds so we could make our own minds up. Its a womans choice when she gives birth, not anyone elses.

Chris.

y shouldnt a woman have a right to choose?

people do fall pregnant by accident thats life and everyone should have a right to choose if to keep that baby or not.

nobody should tell people that they have to keep a baby.

there is alot of women and young girls out there who would not be able to cope with a child so they do the best thing for them and the baby.not everyone can cope with motherhood!

peoploe dont choose abortion lightly it can be very traumatic and it stays with them forever.

personally for me abortion was never a choice,i couldnt have done it.but i wouldnt ever say to anyone that it is wrong and you cant do it or that they should be ashamed that they have had an abortion.

i cannot believe some of the comments on this topic.

Originally posted by Chris_Sleeps

........ where she couldn't of brought a baby into the world ........

Not that I'm a pedant, but one of my pet hates is when people introduce a new verb into the English Language - namely, to "of". You don't "of" something, you "have" something. Therefore: "...where she couldn't HAVE brought a baby into the world....". Thank you! :D

Originally posted by t020

Not that I'm a pedant, but one of my pet hates is when people introduce a new verb into the English Language - namely, to "of". You don't "of" something, you "have" something. Therefore: "...where she couldn't HAVE brought a baby into the world....". Thank you! :D

Oooo you fibber! :D

I rather like the analogy that can be brought between new words and a new child though.

That particular grammatical tic is everywhere these days. You hear it a lot when footballers are being interviewed.

Another favourite of mine is "you've got another THING coming" instead of "another think".

This site is a goldmine for such errors: http://www.wsu.edu:8080/~brians/errors/errors.html#errors

Sorry, off topic, I know.

Not that I'm a pedant...

One of my pet-hates is people highlighting typing and spelling mistakes. Oh hum.

Chris.

It's a grammatical error though. Basically the sentence is meaningless and the use of the word of in that way is just wrong.

Spelling mistakes and typo's are no problem, I make enough of them. But bad English, that should be corrected, otherwise how will people learn?