IMPORTANT NEWS...

As previously warned, Sheffield Forum is changing to new software - view the preview here

This is scheduled for Sunday 18th Nov. The forum will be closed and unavailable an extended period of time (24-36 hours) to allow for this major transition.

Please note that some private messages will not be transferred. Therefore we strongly urge you to take manual back-ups of any important messages now.
Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Black cabs banned from the dog track

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
14-10-2018, 17:25   #1
rayggb
Registered User
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Total Posts: 170
Owlerton dog track is again banning black cabs unless Pre booked.you have to show your booking screen but, if you are an illegal private hire who is unbooked then that's ok you can pick up (without showing a screen)their customers and take them home illegally and uninsured,how thoughtful of them!. I call it pathetic!.on asking why they said because they get too many.so why not let a few in at a time ask I?.blank faces '
  Reply With Quote
14-10-2018, 17:35   #2
smithy266
Registered User
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Unstone Green
Total Posts: 4,621
How stupid of them.....I would have thought a string of black cabs queueing up for business there would attract punters. Maybe the railway station will follow suit!
  Reply With Quote
14-10-2018, 17:51   #3
busdriver1
Registered User
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Total Posts: 1,763
There must be a reason for this action, maybe one that the black cab trade dont wish to discuss honestly.
As for the illegal private hire cars - evidence?
  Reply With Quote
14-10-2018, 17:59   #4
Top Cats Hat
Registered User
Top Cats Hat's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
Total Posts: 2,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy266 View Post

Maybe the railway station will follow suit!
Owlerton dog track is private property. Cross Turner Street to the south of the station is a public highway.
_______
Tommy Robinson- Turning your bigotry into cold hard cash!
  Reply With Quote
14-10-2018, 18:30   #5
smithy266
Registered User
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Unstone Green
Total Posts: 4,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cats Hat View Post
Owlerton dog track is private property. Cross Turner Street to the south of the station is a public highway.
Mine was not a serious comment....more to highlight the sense of the dog track's decision.
  Reply With Quote
14-10-2018, 19:17   #6
Lkhan123
Registered User
 
Joined: Sep 2015
Total Posts: 65
they don't realise that if they start doing this with the festive season around the corner it may put customers off from going there; if they can't get a taxi in a reasonable a mount of time to home etc
  Reply With Quote
15-10-2018, 07:04   #7
rayggb
Registered User
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Total Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by busdriver1 View Post
There must be a reason for this action, maybe one that the black cab trade dont wish to discuss honestly.
As for the illegal private hire cars - evidence?
Friday night 11pm ,after showing my screen on my mobile phone (text)to prove that I have a legitimate booking they reluctantly allow me to stay,immediately their patrons come up to me and try to get in.a 5 seater party ask me I say sorry the staff won't let black cabs in ,you have to walk to the road. Meanwhile city private hire cars stream without any checks. One of them lands next to me with his windows down.The said party of 5 ask if he will take them into town,he says he can only take 4,the fifth one walks over to one of the many others and gets in with him.Evidence?,Evidence?.Every weekend at the dogs.
  Reply With Quote
15-10-2018, 11:40   #8
Resident
Registered User
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Total Posts: 4,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayggb View Post
Friday night 11pm ,after showing my screen on my mobile phone (text)to prove that I have a legitimate booking they reluctantly allow me to stay,immediately their patrons come up to me and try to get in.a 5 seater party ask me I say sorry the staff won't let black cabs in ,you have to walk to the road. Meanwhile city private hire cars stream without any checks. One of them lands next to me with his windows down.The said party of 5 ask if he will take them into town,he says he can only take 4,the fifth one walks over to one of the many others and gets in with him.Evidence?,Evidence?.Every weekend at the dogs.
If PH are taking unbooked jobs then report them to licensing.
_______
As a child I had an imaginary friend, then I grew up and stopped going to church.
  Reply With Quote
15-10-2018, 14:57   #9
esme
raddled old hag
esme's Avatar
 
Admin Team
Joined: May 2006
Location: lost in time, lost in space and meaning
Total Posts: 43,264
Mod Note

Posts have been removed for alleging illegal behaviour.

If you wish to make allegations of illegal behaviour kindly do so on a forum where you alone bear the costs of any legal actions.
_______
A persons worth is not decided by the colour of their skin, religion, sexual orientation, gender or ability.
It is decided by their words, deeds and how they treat their fellow human beings.
There are other forums if this gives you a problem.
  Reply With Quote
15-10-2018, 20:03   #10
S6 D.I.Y
Registered User
S6 D.I.Y's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: handyman
Total Posts: 2,179
i pretty sure they have a deal with city taxi .for there customers and staff get very cheep taxis on account
_______
garryhallows@hotmail.comtel07786268829
your frendly handyman.no job to small or big.
if a job worth doing worth doing it right
10% discount to all sheffield forum members
  Reply With Quote
15-10-2018, 22:53   #11
barmyowls
Registered User
barmyowls's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: /SHEFFIELD WED FC/
Total Posts: 2,798
I Wont use Black cabs not many of drivers are very pleasant and its more pricey I find
_______
LIFE IS JUST BARMY
SHEFFIELD
  Reply With Quote
16-10-2018, 10:58   #12
Phili Buster
Registered User
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Total Posts: 955
Isn't it a bit dangerous for the dogs having black cabs on the dog track
  Reply With Quote
16-10-2018, 11:38   #13
Cyclecar
Registered User
Cyclecar's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Total Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phili Buster View Post
Isn't it a bit dangerous for the dogs having black cabs on the dog track
I used to watch them. It was called Stock Car Racing. Bring it on.....
  Reply With Quote
16-10-2018, 12:32   #14
GinTreeS7
Registered User
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Location: S7
Total Posts: 90
I guess greyhound buses are out of the question too then ...
  Reply With Quote
16-10-2018, 17:06   #15
haddy
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2013
Total Posts: 1,958
Good as you don't want these dirty taxis billowing smoke out whilst their engines idle
  Reply With Quote
16-10-2018, 18:59   #16
PRESLEY
Registered User
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Total Posts: 1,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by barmyowls View Post
I Wont use Black cabs not many of drivers are very pleasant and its more pricey I find
And if your not holding on to the handles to the side of where you sit, you end up on the deck. BEEN THERE !
_______
Stifler Rocks.
  Reply With Quote
18-10-2018, 15:35   #17
fill
Registered User
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Location: Sheffield
Total Posts: 204
there could be any number of reasons why they don't want to allow back cabs near the dog track and casino. itits their carpark so its their choice.

there are rules that apply to black cabs which are openly ignored and done so unknown toy the vast majority of the public and no-one seems to be concerned. not the media and certainly not the police who are after all busy enough with real crime

why don't we move with the times and allow any of the legal taxis to pick up anywhere whether pre-booked or not. When businesses are emptying their customers onto the streets late at night its taxis not buses that are going to most efficiently remove all those people before there are incidents, often caused by the feeble minded being allowed too much access to recreational drugs like alcohol

after all allowing preferentail treatment of black cabs over any other kind is surely some kind of discrimination the PC brigade have not latched onto ... but maybe its the kind of discrimination they approve of
_______
If you don't ask you will never know. But having asked do not always expect either sense or the truth in all responses.
  Reply With Quote
18-10-2018, 18:45   #18
haddy
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2013
Total Posts: 1,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by fill View Post
there could be any number of reasons why they don't want to allow back cabs near the dog track and casino. itits their carpark so its their choice.

there are rules that apply to black cabs which are openly ignored and done so unknown toy the vast majority of the public and no-one seems to be concerned. not the media and certainly not the police who are after all busy enough with real crime

why don't we move with the times and allow any of the legal taxis to pick up anywhere whether pre-booked or not. When businesses are emptying their customers onto the streets late at night its taxis not buses that are going to most efficiently remove all those people before there are incidents, often caused by the feeble minded being allowed too much access to recreational drugs like alcohol

after all allowing preferentail treatment of black cabs over any other kind is surely some kind of discrimination the PC brigade have not latched onto ... but maybe its the kind of discrimination they approve of
Just Look at the taxis outside coop near the old court house and watch them smoke on the cabs and then other dirty antics they get upt9 and the council aren't even bothered.
  Reply With Quote
24-10-2018, 05:54   #19
fill
Registered User
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Location: Sheffield
Total Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by haddy View Post
Just Look at the taxis outside coop near the old court house and watch them smoke on the cabs and then other dirty antics they get upt9 and the council aren't even bothered.

get in one at night they often do smell of foreign food ..... which is not to everyone's liking

it appears the council is not at all concerned with the 'antics' of black cab drivers only with private hire cars do they seem to have all kinds of petty issues when it suits them
_______
If you don't ask you will never know. But having asked do not always expect either sense or the truth in all responses.
  Reply With Quote
24-10-2018, 13:53   #20
spuggy
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: s6
Total Posts: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by fill View Post
get in one at night they often do smell of foreign food ..... which is not to everyone's liking

it appears the council is not at all concerned with the 'antics' of black cab drivers only with private hire cars do they seem to have all kinds of petty issues when it suits them
I'm confused! what petty issues do you speak of? and why don't they affect both black cab and private hire ?
  Reply With Quote
Reply To Topic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:28.
POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED
Click "Report Post" under any post which may breach our terms of use.
©2002-2017 Sheffield Forum | Powered by vBulletin ©2018