Ford Safety Recalls dealer problem.

Has anyone become aware of Ford Focus and Ford Fiestas cars having outstanding Safety Recalls with several dangerous faults. See Gov.uk website.anyone who has a car that has an oustanding Recall is advised to get in touch with their local Ford dealer to have the fault dealt with at Ford's expense. I tried to do this and found that the dealer ignored my e-mails and would not give me any infomation whether the car is usable or is it dangerous. Anyone had the problem?

You can also check on the ford etis site= http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do?

If the dealer is not responding to emails then pay them a visit in person although if it was a recall for a dangerous issue you would have had a letter about it.

If you think the problem is that serious why did you not bother picking up the phone??

One 5 minute phone call would have given you all the information you need.

Because I am profoundly deaf and cannot use a phone. I am also 84 years old and don't fancy travelling to Chelmsford where these recalls are dealt with. I have "Chatted" twice with the dealer and have actually had contact with a person at Chelmsford, but suddenly the person has disappeared and refuses to deal with the problem. The last contact I had(last week) informed me that the person was going on holiday and would not be answering e-mails until 8th. AUGUST 2018(2 months ago). Since that no e-mails have been answered. I have looked at Etis as mafya suggested and sure enough,my car is there. This is a Clutch plate problem that cracks. I have actually found cars for sale in local dealer websites that have Safety Recalls on them. There is much information on Google ,but their instruction to see the local dealer is useless. Incidently there has been mention of these Ford problems on Look North,but a different problem,the Cylinder Head cracking and fire. I just thought other Ford Car owners might have had similar difficulties with the dealer.

Because I am profoundly deaf and cannot use a phone. I am also 84 years old and don't fancy travelling to Chelmsford where these recalls are dealt with. I have "Chatted" twice with the dealer and have actually had contact with a person at Chelmsford, but suddenly the person has disappeared and refuses to deal with the problem. The last contact I had(last week) informed me that the person was going on holiday and would not be answering e-mails until 8th. AUGUST 2018(2 months ago). Since that no e-mails have been answered. I have looked at Etis as mafya suggested and sure enough,my car is there. This is a Clutch plate problem that cracks. I have actually found cars for sale in local dealer websites that have Safety Recalls on them. There is much information on Google ,but their instruction to see the local dealer is useless. Incidently there has been mention of these Ford problems on Look North,but a different problem,the Cylinder Head cracking and fire. I just thought other Ford Car owners might have had similar difficulties with the dealer.

You should be able to have recall work done at your local ford dealers in Sheffield. There is a lookers ford dealers on saville street in Sheffield, have you tried them? = https://www.lookers.co.uk/ford/contact-us/sheffield-ford-savile-street-east/

Hope you get it sorted and email contact is good as you have a record of any discussions just in case...

Has anyone become aware of Ford Focus and Ford Fiestas cars having outstanding Safety Recalls with several dangerous faults. See Gov.uk website.anyone who has a car that has an oustanding Recall is advised to get in touch with their local Ford dealer to have the fault dealt with at Ford's expense. I tried to do this and found that the dealer ignored my e-mails and would not give me any infomation whether the car is usable or is it dangerous. Anyone had the problem?

I had exactly the same issue with lookers ford! Totally ignored my issues and car was returned to them 5 times for same issues after telling me they had sorted it out! Was a new fiesta with issues from day 15!

In the end after much arguing with head office etc the car was left with them and I had a new vehicle from another dealer! Nightmare I would not wish to go through ever again

Lookers are the main Ford garage in Leeds as well, but Barnsley, Doncaster and Chesterfield are all owned by a different franchise.

You should be able to have recall work done at your local ford dealers in Sheffield. There is a lookers ford dealers on saville street in Sheffield, have you tried them? = https://www.lookers.co.uk/ford/contact-us/sheffield-ford-savile-street-east/

Hope you get it sorted and email contact is good as you have a record of any discussions just in case...

Yes,but, as I have said,they pass you on to Chelmsford branch. I have an E-mail informing me that all enquiries about this problem are dealt with at Chelmsford not at Sheffield. I can't help but feel that things are being swept under the carpet. I wouldn't buy a Ford car today without checking it by Registration number on the Govuk website.

They can't expect the entire country to descend on Chelmsford to do a recall job, you need to get in contact with a Ford garage and talk to the service manager.

Just drive there and sort the problem out in person?

They can't expect the entire country to descend on Chelmsford to do a recall job, you need to get in contact with a Ford garage and talk to the service manager.

Just drive there and sort the problem out in person?

There is the definitive answer.

Angel1.

Yes,but, as I have said,they pass you on to Chelmsford branch. I have an E-mail informing me that all enquiries about this problem are dealt with at Chelmsford not at Sheffield. I can't help but feel that things are being swept under the carpet. I wouldn't buy a Ford car today without checking it by Registration number on the Govuk website.

Lookers didn't pass my other half on to Chelmsford, he rang service department up and booked it in with them. I appreciate you are deaf, pop down to lookers and ask the service desk to book it in or ask to speak to the service manager. Which recall issue is it.