IMPORTANT NEWS...

As previously warned, Sheffield Forum is changing to new software - view the preview here

This is scheduled for Sunday 18th Nov. The forum will be closed and unavailable an extended period of time (24-36 hours) to allow for this major transition.

Please note that some private messages will not be transferred. Therefore we strongly urge you to take manual back-ups of any important messages now.
Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Dog bins overfull or not there anymore ?

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

11-10-2018, 14:21   #41
Daisydoo!

Total Posts: 532
I pick up after my two every time. I was once reported for using a communal bin to put it in. I had a visit from two PCSO to my home they told me not to use the communal bin. Maybe I should just leave it on the grass like everyone else does. There had also been a complaint about dog hair around the flats next door to me never heard anything so ridiculous and I'm sure the PCSO have better things to deal with.
11-10-2018, 16:36   #42
jobnet

Total Posts: 4
live at basegreen and dog bins are emptied
11-10-2018, 17:42   #43
max
Leftie epeeist

Total Posts: 11,704
Here in Stannington we have several dotted about which are funded and emptied by SCC. We also have six around the Park which have been paid for by donations and funding given to Action for Stannington. These are emptied by volunteers on a regular basis and SCC collects the large amount collected.

Perhaps if there are no bins in your area you could start a similar scheme.
_______
UK debt now £1,920 billion. It was £700 billion in 2010. Tories, who lied they were paying it down, close to TRIPLING it. Safe with economy?
- Jan 2017
12-10-2018, 18:43   #44
How Ark

Total Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisydoo! View Post
I pick up after my two every time. I was once reported for using a communal bin to put it in. I had a visit from two PCSO to my home they told me not to use the communal bin. Maybe I should just leave it on the grass like everyone else does. There had also been a complaint about dog hair around the flats next door to me never heard anything so ridiculous and I'm sure the PCSO have better things to deal with.
I hope you don't mind but I laughed out loud reading your description of events and it reminded me of this.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news...ents-1-9345903
13-10-2018, 00:18   #45
The Manager

Total Posts: 5,781
Near me a dog bin was removed near a park it was used all time and overfull, (council empy it every month it seems) The council got rid of the bin and replaced it with a black rubbish bin , within 3 weeks the council came to remove the black rubbish bin and Now no Bin at all !! Now why should ppl bother if council cant ??
13-10-2018, 09:15   #46
Daven

Total Posts: 10,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Manager View Post
Near me a dog bin was removed near a park it was used all time and overfull, (council empy it every month it seems) The council got rid of the bin and replaced it with a black rubbish bin , within 3 weeks the council came to remove the black rubbish bin and Now no Bin at all !! Now why should ppl bother if council cant ??
Decency, pride, ?
_______
My lovely Mum who lived with Alzheimers Disease for 9 years
RIP 15/3/18
A true lady passed this way.
13-10-2018, 10:50   #47
trans

Total Posts: 405
I am disabled and live at Aston it would not be the first time to see people hang dog mess in plastic bags from the A frame gates.
13-10-2018, 14:03   #48
max
Leftie epeeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Manager View Post
Perhaps people should take responsibility for their own mess.
_______
UK debt now £1,920 billion. It was £700 billion in 2010. Tories, who lied they were paying it down, close to TRIPLING it. Safe with economy?
- Jan 2017
15-10-2018, 17:51   #49
barmyowls

Total Posts: 2,798
Sorry but reading some of these posts are Annoying , If We are Encouraged by council to use The dog bins or Waste bins AND they are being used !!! Why take them away ?? It proves There's a need for the bins in my opinion !!
And Like someone else has said its now a regular thing I see dog mess in bags hanging on gates or fences near areas the bins was �� So who's job is this now to remove from Gates/fences etc ??? ????????
In a ideal world we all would put our dog mess in a bag and in our own bin BUT we don't all live in a ideal World so this won't happen , I've not heard of cutbacks to Poo bins or Waste bins before anybody else goes on about that
_______
LIFE IS JUST BARMY
SHEFFIELD
15-10-2018, 17:54   #50
makapaka

Total Posts: 3,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by barmyowls View Post
Sorry but reading some of these posts are Annoying , If We are Encouraged by council to use The dog bins or Waste bins AND they are being used !!! Why take them away ?? It proves There's a need for the bins in my opinion !!
And Like someone else has said its now a regular thing I see dog mess in bags hanging on gates or fences near areas the bins was �� So who's job is this now to remove from Gates/fences etc ??? ????????
In a ideal world we all would put our dog mess in a bag and in our own bin BUT we don't all live in a ideal World so this won't happen , I've not heard of cutbacks to Poo bins or Waste bins before anybody else goes on about that
No - this type of post is annoying - itís no ones job to clear dog mess other than the owners who choose to have a pet dog.
15-10-2018, 23:01   #51
barmyowls

Quote:
Originally Posted by makapaka View Post
No - this type of post is annoying - itís no ones job to clear dog mess other than the owners who choose to have a pet dog.
yes I agree , But do you think Dog mess and litter will increase or Decrease with no bins in place ?? At present in my Area its Increasing and from dog mess not even getting picked up to those that do pick it up hang it on fences
_______
LIFE IS JUST BARMY
SHEFFIELD
17-10-2018, 00:28   #52
Crosser

Total Posts: 1,944
Why have special bins for dog mess at all?

Just take it home in the bags I hope you dog owners have anyway, and either flush it down the loo (without the bag of course), or put it in your own (black) bin.

Simples!

Why should taxpayers who don't have dogs have to suppliment taxpayers who do?
_______
"I swear I will not kill anyone."

Last edited by Crosser; 17-10-2018 at 00:34.
17-10-2018, 00:49   #53
medusa
mostly here

Admin Team
Total Posts: 36,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosser View Post

Just take it home in the bags I hope you dog owners have anyway, and either flush it down the loo (without the bag of course), or put it in your own (black) bin.

Simples!

Have you been inside a hot car with dog poo inside a plastic bag in mid summer before? Even double bagged, it's not a pleasant experience. The lack of a poo bin has never stopped me from clearing up after my dog though, I hasten to add. I'm not the sort who litters in any circumstances.
_______
'Turn you inside out and lick you like a crisp packet.'
17-10-2018, 01:54   #54
barmyowls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosser View Post

Simples!

Fact is for whatever reasons if no bins are there then it doesent get picked up or if is picked up its put hanging on railing chucked in peoples gardens or put on walls in dog bags so whats your solution??
_______
LIFE IS JUST BARMY
SHEFFIELD
17-10-2018, 11:03   #55
max
Leftie epeeist

Quote:
Fact is for whatever reasons if no bins are there then it doesent get picked up or if is picked up its put hanging on railing chucked in peoples gardens or put on walls in dog bags so whats your solution??
Considerate dog owners will bag the poo and whether there are bins available nearby or not will ensure that the bags are binned at some point.

Only inconsiderate dog owners will use the lack of bins as an excuse for inconsiderate behaviour.
_______
- Jan 2017
17-10-2018, 12:15   #56
makapaka

Total Posts: 3,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by medusa View Post
Have you been inside a hot car with dog poo inside a plastic bag in mid summer before? Even double bagged, it's not a pleasant experience. The lack of a poo bin has never stopped me from clearing up after my dog though, I hasten to add. I'm not the sort who litters in any circumstances.
Itís not anyone elseís problem that you donít want a bag of dog poo in your car though is it?

Itís easily remedied if you donít want that risk by not having a dog in the first place.
17-10-2018, 14:14   #57
Nelly13

Total Posts: 8
Quote:
Ive noticed in hillsborough areas Dog bins constantly overflowing or some have been removed ? Not sure what the council is playing but keep sheffield tidy is not one of them, even litter bins removed
Yes all are full so wher do you put them...shocking
17-10-2018, 17:28   #58
barmyowls

Quote:
Originally Posted by max View Post
Considerate dog owners will bag the poo and whether there are bins available nearby or not will ensure that the bags are binned at some point.

Only inconsiderate dog owners will use the lack of bins as an excuse for inconsiderate behaviour.
Let's say there's a lot of inconsiderate dog owners then WHAT is your solution ?? So all become more considerate ?? Only one that seemed to work was when there was Bins in the area

---------- Post added 17-10-2018 at 17:35 ----------

On another Note Why did the Council Introduce DOG BINS ?? ������
_______
LIFE IS JUST BARMY
SHEFFIELD
17-10-2018, 17:43   #59
max
Leftie epeeist

Quote:
Let's say there's a lot of inconsiderate dog owners then WHAT is your solution ?? So all become more considerate ?? Only one that seemed to work was when there was Bins in the area[COLOR="Silver"]
������
See my previous posts.
_______
- Jan 2017
18-10-2018, 00:34   #60
barmyowls

Quote:
Originally Posted by max View Post
See my previous posts.
No answer there
_______
LIFE IS JUST BARMY
SHEFFIELD
Reply To Topic