Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

Overall, it's odd for outsiders to see such an angry argument fuelled by mutual incomprehension between:

a. Women's Rights campaigners; and

b. Gender-Fluid campaigners.

just now? not 3 years ago?

transgender people are female to all extents and purposes so that female only codswallop doesnt wash

They arent female to all extents an purposes. They can be physically male and identify as female. That's what lots of peoples concern is.

It doesn't make them automatically transphobic. I have a lot if time and support people of whatever gender or sexuality. I also support children's right to have a simple time and just be children. In this instance the childrens rights to be children in a non-sexual-politic environment trumps the rights of the trans person imo.

you might find it prudent to re-think that thought or at least look into it properly before displaying what a ppears to be a knee-jerk reaction based only on wishful thinking.

i am reliably informed by a solicitor that it is apparently quite legitimate to pursue a case of libel whatever the form of media was used and possibly even the provider of that media that allowed said libel....

its all interesting stuff.

I'm reliably informed by the pope that you just made that up.

You can sue someone for libel for whatever you like. But the chance of you winning for an opined description of your beliefs (ie a genuinely held opinion) is none.

I'm reliably informed by the pope that you just made that up.

and anything you say after that is equally credible.. watching you wriggle those times when you know can't win is always amusing .

and anything you say after that is equally credible.. watching you wriggle those times when you know can't win is always amusing .

No, he's right - whatever your alleged solicitor friend told you is total balls.

No, he's right - whatever your alleged solicitor friend told you is total balls.

Something written online can be libel. The difference of opinion is the content of what was written, not the medium.

Back on topic please.

This thread isnt about what is or isnt libel.

Edited by nikki-red

Is this a good time to bring up the 'womXn' malarkey???

There was a trans woman on the news last night talking about how the Wellcome foundation had used it and then got slated by both sides, and apologised both ways. She was saying what a ridiculous carry on it had been.

I personally think it is a silly word, explained as women not wanting the word 'man' to be part of their description. Seems way too far for me. But I don't know if it's an actual thing people want or just a hyped up nonesense story.

There was a trans woman on the news last night talking about how the Wellcome foundation had used it and then got slated by both sides, and apologised both ways. She was saying what a ridiculous carry on it had been.

I personally think it is a silly word, explained as women not wanting the word 'man' to be part of their description. Seems way too far for me. But I don't know if it's an actual thing people want or just a hyped up nonesense story.

To be honest, i've only heard about it and not investigated much... but it was discussed on Newsnight the other night, so it has enough behind it to be discussed on an established news program.

Apparently, this is what Gender Neutral marketing will look like.

https://www.hallaminternet.com/gender-neutral-advertising-marketing-for-generation-z/

Say goodbye to gender-specific pronouns and say, Hello, to "they". There's a song in there somewhere.

All very confusing.

https://uwm.edu/lgbtrc/support/gender-pronouns/

Edited by petemcewan