IMPORTANT NEWS...

As previously warned, Sheffield Forum is changing to new software - view the preview here

This is scheduled for Sunday 18th Nov. The forum will be closed and unavailable an extended period of time (24-36 hours) to allow for this major transition.

Please note that some private messages will not be transferred. Therefore we strongly urge you to take manual back-ups of any important messages now.
Sheffield Forum

Sheffield's New Lord Mayor

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

15-10-2018, 08:24   #841
ANGELFIRE1

Total Posts: 5,737
Watching the telly on Sunday morning I was interested to see that Sheffield Mayor Magid Magid was going to be on one of the morning programs, so a little later coffee in hand I prepared to watch Magid's performance.

First thing that stood out, his yellow hat on back to front, coupled with his matching yellow jumper. It certainly grabbed my attention.

As for his performance, 9 out of ten. He spoke well and came over as quite knowledgeable about the subjects discussed. I would go further and say he was a breath of fresh air when compared to the usual "older suit wearing political guy."

In conclusion, yes he is a different kind of Mayor, no doubt about that. But give the chap a chance, I think he deserves it.

Angel1.
_______
Calm or unflinching in face of trouble, defeat, or loss. May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies. If you can read this then thank a teacher. If you can read this in English then thank a soldier!. Walk slowly towards the light, for I will surely follow you, but not just yet.
15-10-2018, 08:58   #842
GOLDEN OLDIE

Total Posts: 818
Doesn't deserve all the rubbish he's had thrown at him from bigots and racists!
Reply To Topic