Marching band this afternoon on The Moor.

Can anyone tell me who the band of musicians were that were marching up The Moor this afternoon? I noticed the words ‘The Leeds Pal’s’ on some of the uniforms but wondered who the others were? Maybe Sheffield PAL’s? One of them carried a wreath but I didn’t see them lay it. The music from the war years was indeed beautiful & very stirring as they marched along. Hope someone can tell me more about the parade.

Edited by Christina22

Yeah I heard it, and a chill filled the room. Not a pretty march through the town centre for some lovely ex-military folks, but rather an Orange Walk. Soon as I heard the pipe whistle and the tune I froze. No business in Sheffield this I'm afraid. Highly sectarian, the sort of thing you see in Ireland and occasionally Scotland (though it's usually the football that brings them out there - see Rangers vs Celtic).

But not here thanks very much.

Highly sectarian, the sort of thing you see in Ireland and occasionally Scotland (though it's usually the football that brings them out there - see Rangers vs Celtic).

But not here thanks very much.

Agreed :thumbsup: