Hillsborough school

did you go to hillsborough school between 1958 and 1965.and does anyone remember Michael Rusby ?

Do you mean the school that used to be called Park Side Road School. I was at this school from roughly 1961 to 1965 but I don`t recognise the name.

I went to Hillsborough County School from 1944 till 1952.

It is such a long time ago I hardly remember who was who there.

Maybe someone will bring back a few memories.

Happy Days! PopT

Do you mean the school that used to be called Park Side Road School. I was at this school from roughly 1961 to 1965 but I don`t recognise the name.

I remember some names Alan cooper,david crownshaw,anne hardy,mick rodgers,paul copp ,john kay,tony gardner,victor yeates,john simmonite,anne smith,wendy parker,eric bowering,david seals,stewart robinson,alan harper,john thompson,paul simmonite,norma staniland,anne peacock,lynne haynes, lynne rowbotham,susan and alfie glaves,andrew dable,david roe,john barber,linda clark,catherine cooper,frank jackson,steven atkin,alan atkin,bobby quinn,alan delamore,vera blyth,david glasby,david breen, john darwin,martin slater,michelle rogers,graham wilson,stewart cunningham,frank hodgkinson, myself mick rusby,these are some i remember. Maybe some one recognises them .. Ruzzer;:|

Hi Ruzzer

I lived in the next yard to Martin Slater on Penistone Road.

Happy Days! PopT

I was at Parkside Road school from about 1955 til 1962. Martin Slater was in my class. I also remember a lot of the names you mention, particularly John Simmonite who was my mate Billy's younger brother.

I remember the teachers Mr Cohen, Miss Tingle, Mrs Hornsby, Mrs Jackson and the head teacher Miss Leesley.

We used to have great fun Friday morning walking through the park and then down Hillsborough to the baths, and then walking back again with our midget gems!

I went there from around 1950 till 1956 before going to Chaucer,the dates may be slightly out depending on when Chaucer was opened.

At parkside i remember mr Swithinbank (woodwork) mr Harding,mr.Cornthwaite and my hero Mr. Newsome who i think was deputy head.

Every week we would walk to Hillsborough baths where we learnt to swim with Mr.Siviya.

60 years ago but terrific memories.

A few years ago i bought an old postcard in Skipton depicting a tramcar outside the top gate on Parkside rd. this was where the drivers would switch the overhead lines with a hook on the end of a bamboo pole,the date shown is 28th April 1957.

Edited by arrodbo
add on

The teachers you mention arrodbo were all from Chaucer. I remember them well, especially Mr Sid (Buster) Newham who was indeed deputy head when Chaucer first opened....I had him for maths and had many a beating....great bloke though.

Remember Mr. Hughes and Mr, cohen,,,,,,

Royal Regular,I must be having a memory failure. I could have sworn Mr Swithinbank operated from the annexe at Hillsborough and I thought the others transferred to Chaucer from Hillsborough.

I was at Parkside Road school from about 1955 til 1962. Martin Slater was in my class. I also remember a lot of the names you mention, particularly John Simmonite who was my mate Billy's younger brother.

I remember the teachers Mr Cohen, Miss Tingle, Mrs Hornsby, Mrs Jackson and the head teacher Miss Leesley.

We used to have great fun Friday morning walking through the park and then down Hillsborough to the baths, and then walking back again with our midget gems!

hi R.R john simmonite was the same age as me,they lived at the bottom of parkside as i remember.the teachers you mention i remember fondly,are any of them still with us i wonder ?Mr Cohen took our class on a trip to london once and we all stayed there overnight ,was about 10years old.good days.