The Barton Brothers

Any one remember the Barton Brothers, comedy club turn late 60s

yes I remember them when they took over the carousel pub in chapeltown as managers

, doing both the pub and working in the clubs as well

yes i saw them at batley variety club in 1972 they were on the same bill as the everley bros and then again at the galaxy suite at ingoldmells in 1987 not heard of them since

hi the barton brothers have been retired quite some time they were not actually bros barry who played guitar is still around but sadly jim the tall one who did impersonations, died a few years ago his brother does the pub circuit as a singer called steve black

I backed them at the Hawthorn Club in Doncaster where I was a resident musician in 1970.

This takes me back. The last time i heard of them was back in the mid 80s. Dave their Brother and Ex policeman was the land lord of the Cross Guns Pub on Sharrow Lane.

Tony Barton is still entertaining as he is at our reunion in Scarborough in Sept. We had him last year and he is still as good as when on the clubs.

Anybody remembers the club turn The Barton Brothers who regularly did the rounds around sheffield working mens clubs in the late 60s,70s and early 80s I think. I was told one had passed away. :(

Edited by pistonbroke

A good act, I remember them well. I do believe that one of them passed away a few years ago now. They built their act picking on people in the audience but they wre very good at it.

I remember seeing them at Firth Park club a few years ago. Very good act

I can remember seeing the Barton Bros at Pitsmoor Club very good act but only the brave went to the bar or the toilet when they were on stage

mY best friend was married to Barry Barton for many years, it was Jim Greaves who died a few year ago, and my daughter was married to his brother Steve, who worked mostly as a bouncer in several nightclubs. Barry had a few other partners before jim, one was called Russel