Does anyone have any interesting Ghost Stories?

Hello,

Does anyone have any interesting ghost stories which they would be willing to share with me for a radio project I am working on? I have put a post about this in General Chat but thought that I may get more responce from here, if anyone has already read it.

I would be grateful for any stories that anyone is willing to share!

Apparently 'no' is the answer, Lucy!

Never mind - this'll put your text back to the top of the forum for a while....

The story in the Sheffield Star some years ago.

A young motor cyclist was travelling along Rivelin Valley and saw a young girl at the bus stop by Wolf Dam. Knowing the last bus for the night had gone, he stopped and offered a lift. She hopped on the back and they set off for her address. Glancing back he noticed that the pillion seat was empty. Absolutely distraught, he set off back to look for her, thinking she may have fallen off. He searched for a while but to no avail. He then went to her address and his knock was answered by her father. He unfolded the story about giving his daughter a lift home from the bus stop. The father knocked the young man to the floor and ranted that his daughter had been killed some years before in a motor cycle accident on the Rivelin Valley road. The young man was taken to the Northern General in a state of complete shock.

The cutting of this story was sent to me by my cousin whilst I was abroad serving in the Navy. Spooky Eh!

When my wife and i got together about 3 years ago. She tells me that whenever she was in my mums house, my dad who`s been dead for 17 years would stand in the corner of the lounge and stare at her dissaprovingly. Over time he started to smile at her and eventualy stopped appearing altogether. She often see`s dead people

Originally posted by Jossman

The story in the Sheffield Star some years ago.

A young motor cyclist was travelling along Rivelin Valley and saw a young girl at the bus stop by Wolf Dam. Knowing the last bus for the night had gone, he stopped and offered a lift. She hopped on the back and they set off for her address. Glancing back he noticed that the pillion seat was empty. Absolutely distraught, he set off back to look for her, thinking she may have fallen off. He searched for a while but to no avail. He then went to her address and his knock was answered by her father. He unfolded the story about giving his daughter a lift home from the bus stop. The father knocked the young man to the floor and ranted that his daughter had been killed some years before in a motor cycle accident on the Rivelin Valley road. The young man was taken to the Northern General in a state of complete shock.

The cutting of this story was sent to me by my cousin whilst I was abroad serving in the Navy. Spooky Eh!

I think this one is a urban legend but a realy good story.

Many years ago I worked as a security officer. One night while doing security on a old pit depot I was told to check all the building every hour but to keep out off the cellar. Around 2am and bored to tears I decide to check the cellar. Down the old stone staircase I crept only a little pen light to see my way. While down in the cellar the temperature was colder than you would expect in the middle off summer. What a find old lamps, helmets old documents loads of cool stuff. Something moved at the back of me, I turned to find nothing. Something knocked one of the lamps off, time to leave I thought must be rats or mice I thought. As I start to climb the steps my torch gave up, that was it I was off up the stair in a instant. Just as I was to get to the door it slammed shut, and then that was when something grabbed my leg I froze with fear as it pulled my leg. Just as I am doing with you.:clap: roflmao.

I've sent you a PM.

This'll chill yer!

A group of walkers were out walking in the Peak District one day when a fog descended. The group quickly became separated from each other but everyone had their own compass so there was no reason to panic.

It is a well known fact that many an aircraft, mainly those returning home during the World Wars have crashed on the moors of the Peak District and that in various places debris and wreckage of the aircraft remain in situ.

This group were walking north of Ladybower Dams on the day the fog descended and one of the individuals came across the wreckage of one of these aircraft. It did not come as a surprise as he was familiar with his surroundings and infact it helped him ascertain precisely where he was.

However, what did come as a shock was that through the fog, not only was the wreckage visible but the pilot, stood a few feet away still wearing his uniform and oxygen mask, the ghost of the pilot killed on this site around 60 years prior.

The walker hastened his movement and frankly, got the hell out of there which is something I would have done.

Back in the early sixties our neighbours lost their five year old daughter, she died in the house.

When these neighbours finally moved to another area some years later, we had new neighbours. We were soon on friendly terms and one morning they called in to tell us that during the night, one of them had seen a little girl stood at the foot of the bed. When they described the child to us there was no doubt in our minds that it was the child of our former neighbours.

We had never spoken to them about our former neighbours and our new friends had no knowledge of what happened in the house before they moved in.

The place was exorcised and the child was never seen again.

In the house where I used to live at Lodge Moor I awoke one night at 2am as my dog was growling at me, for no apparent reason. I found I was unable to move, literally could not move a muscle, and felt really ice cold, and something was hovering over my bed, like a black vacumn type 'feeling' shape that seemed to be trying to absorb me. It was the most horrible feeling I have ever had, and lasted about 60 seconds before the black 'shape' faded away and I could then move....I leapt out of bed and turned on all the lights and the dog had stopped growling and was normal again......but I was on edge for about a week.....and there were many other similar incidents at that house over 10 years that defied explanation, such as people dressed in old clothes arriving at the house who then just...well er.....disappeared. SOunds a bit crap I know, but thats how it was...remember it vividly....

May not be related but my house, which was new in 1975, was built on the site of an old mansion that was bombed out in the 2nd world war attack on Sheffield, and one or more of the residents had been killed..they did not have air raid shelters in Lodge Moor apparently.......the cellars are under the garden and were not fully filled in. We dug through once when putting up fence posts, and found part of a vaulted old wine cellar half full of gravel and stone.....

goldenfleece,

I live in Lodge Moor and I am sure our house is, well, not exactly haunted but I feel, along with my wife that there is a spirit in there (my wife even calls her by her name).

Very often when I'm in the living room alone I keep thinking I've just seen some movement or a face through the glass panels of the lounge and kitchen doors in the kitchen itself. It's not a spooky feeling though, which in a sense is quite strange.

Without giving too much away, whereabouts was the house you lived in? My house was built in 1962 which thankfully rules out the chance of its being the house you used to live in.

Phew!

Without giving too much away, whereabouts was the house you lived in? My house was built in 1962 which thankfully rules out the chance of its being the house you used to live in.

Phew! [/b]

My former house, (well its still mine but I dont live in it) was in THE RIDGE, a road off Redmires Road next to Hallam School playing fields......the whole road is built on the site of a former mansion destroyed in WW2.........originally there were THREE big houses all next door to each other...on the right of the flats at the top the other 2 big old houses are still there, occupying the space leading up to Hallam grange Road....