Lots of Ladybirds

Been out in garden today and there are loads of ladybirds. Windows are covered in them, counted 40 on one window.

They are great as an organic method of detroying garden pests like aphids. Could do with quantities like you describe in spring/summer.

They are great as an organic method of detroying garden pests like aphids.

not seen much ladybirds this summer but lord, me car is covered in aphids / greenfly this autumn :help:

Maybe I should just wash me car more often

I was in a storeroom this morning and the window was open, had to keep shooing them outside! Loads of them about.

Our front door and the windows on the front of the house have been covered in ladybirds for a couple of weeks now. I had to look twice when I first saw them as I walked up our front path, I wondered what on earth it was. I’m glad it’s not just us this has happened to.

Been out in garden today and there are loads of ladybirds. Windows are covered in them, counted 40 on one window.

I remember in the long hot summer of 1976 the ladybirds were nearly ankle deep walking along the Bitholmes between Deepcar and Wharncliffe Side one Sunday morning.

I remember in the long hot summer of 1976 the ladybirds were nearly ankle deep walking along the Bitholmes between Deepcar and Wharncliffe Side one Sunday morning.

remember it well we had cars breaking down due to the air filters choking up with them.

And your point is?

And your point is?

I think he was telling us something interesting, rather than making a point :roll:

Unfortunately, lots of them are Harlequin Ladybirds. An invasive species that is displacing our native ones. They bite too

At this time of year, ladybirds seek out somewhere cosy to hibernate (Oct – Feb in the UK), and houses have so many safe nooks and crannies. For the next few weeks, expect them to be wandering over and around your windows and doors looking for ingress.

It's a pity they're currently intent on this enterprise as my roses are still covered in aphids.