Blades Vs Birmingham

0-0. Very poor performance.

On the bright side, we played badly and didn't lose. Last season we never got anything when we played poorly.

UTB!

Not our best performance by far especially the last 20 minutes, Birmingham have the 4th best defensive record in the Championship and keeping a clean sheet is rare with us.

We move on to the Preston game.

Maybe it was the 5 changes or maybe the strong winds blew away Chris Wilder's magic dust that he's sprinkled over the players, but they looked like a team of ageing journeymen and lower league players lacking pace, cohesion and quality. All 4 strikers looked ineffectual but the 3 midfielders, especially Norwood, looked like shadows of their usual selves. I thought Egan, Henderson and sometimes Basham played well but the rest were awful. I think we'll see a much better display on Saturday as Wilder does sometimes get things wrong but is good at putting them right again.

Blades goalpost awarded man of the match.

Blades goalpost awarded man of the match.

Definitely be first on the pitch on Saturday.

Maybe it was the 5 changes or maybe the strong winds blew away Chris Wilder's magic dust that he's sprinkled over the players, but they looked like a team of ageing journeymen and lower league players lacking pace, cohesion and quality. All 4 strikers looked ineffectual but the 3 midfielders, especially Norwood, looked like shadows of their usual selves. I thought Egan, Henderson and sometimes Basham played well but the rest were awful. I think we'll see a much better display on Saturday as Wilder does sometimes get things wrong but is good at putting them right again.

It just has to be on Saturday. Bad news is that Preston will have had an extra day recovery. Felt like CW had made the players walk back from Bristol on Saturday. Worrying considering it’s only the middle of September.

Egan, Hendo and Bash were shining lights. Worth remembering that Brum have drawn 6 of 8 games this season. Their pressing game worked for them. I’m sure this won’t have escaped Alec Neil who was in’the stands watching

Awful performance, quiet crowd , a point saved...

I also thought the away crowd were the quietist I’d ever heard, astonishing for a passionate crowd like Birmingham City

I also thought the away crowd were the quietist I’d ever heard, astonishing for a passionate crowd like Birmingham City

Not many turned up, sky coverage on the red button must keep many away on a mid week.

was disapointed in our voice too.

Not many turned up, sky coverage on the red button must keep many away on a mid week.

was disapointed in our voice too.

Good points mate. Normally mid week attendances are lower than weekend games but I suspect the new Sky red button thingy has made a difference, especially to travelling fans. I hope the football authorities, clubs etc are reflecting on this. Televised football is dépendant to an extent on fans actually attending games. Sky doesn’t want to show empty stadiums