Aston Swallownest Cemetery

Anyone have details of burials at the cemetery off Piper lane in Swallownest

looking for a grave with the name Herbert Newbold :help:

---------- Post added 22-03-2014 at 20:11 ----------

or any member of the Lunn family

May be a good idea to check out the cemetery at Aston - could be buried with other close family members.

Have sent you a PM in reply to yours to myself

Best Wishes and "Bon Chance" - Victor Hutchinson - Malaysia

May be a good idea to check out the cemetery at Aston - could be buried with other close family members.

Have sent you a PM in reply to yours to myself

Best Wishes and "Bon Chance" - Victor Hutchinson - Malaysia

Hi Victor do you have a relation called Lillian Hutchinson by any chance she will be around 70+ now.

If you send your request to http://www.astoncumaughtonhistorygroup.co.uk with any details you have we will have a look for you.

---------- Post added 23-03-2014 at 22:46 ----------

we have details for James, Mary and Amy Newbold buried at Aston cemetry.

---------- Post added 23-03-2014 at 22:54 ----------

we also have Wilfred Newbold (live at Kiveton Park) died 1943.

Re Bullerboy Question.

The name Lillian does not mean anything to me, but there were relations of my fathers living in Woodhouse, some on Sheffield Road in the early 1900's, certainly 1917 when my father was born. We never knew anything much about them, he always said they semi-abandoned him at around age 13/14.

My father did spend time living with an Aunt and Uncle in Lincolnshire, and went to school there for a short time - Dunham School (near Dunham Bridge on the Sheffield to Lincoln Road (A.57). His uncle was the Engineer looking after equipment at Rampton Hospital - now a part of the Prison Service.

The distant relative I know of lives in the Tunbbridge Wells area - name of Aliistair.

I remember a lad from my time at Swallownest Infants and Junior School (Sept 1945 to July 1951). Possibly a year or so older than me. Name of Roger, or Rodger, Hutchinson. No idea if the family lived in Swallownest, or Aston, but not relatives of ours as far as I know. I remember that the teachers often got mixed up and called me Rodger !!!

Sorry I can't be more help, even though my memory is still 100%

Best Wishes - Victor

Rotherham Family History Society have recorded a lot of the .Aston cemetery burials on DVD.

There are two Lunns in the cemetery in the new section.Horace and Phyllis,I am also a Lunn.

Edited by bullerboY