The Consequences of Brexit [part 5] Read 1st post before posting

Home > General > General Discussions

Reply To Topic

Today, 20:16   #4821
Top Cats Hat

Total Posts: 2,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobinfoot View Post
You've stated in the past that the majority didn't vote to leave. But you're logic assumes that the majority of the 28% who didn't vote would have voted to remain.
It assumes nothing of the sort.

I simply said that the majority (62%) didn't vote to leave. That is a statement of fact that you cannot argue against. That means that this nonsense is being done without the support of the majority of the people of our country.

That is one of the reasons why the whole thing is a total mess.
_______
Tommy Robinson- Turning your bigotry into cold hard cash!
Today, 20:41   #4822
Mister M

Total Posts: 10,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoilhat View Post
I saw that one on my twitter feed, it's certainly worthy of link. Stupid doesn't even cover it, but it disappoints me idiots like are never pulled up on it (well, they weren't on the bit I saw anyway). But yeah, he was right up there with the bloke from Rotherham who voted leave "to keep the Muslims out".
Just in case anyone missed it, here's the bloke in question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFjfbL1KWNI
_______
Up yer bum
Today, 20:42   #4823
davyboy

Total Posts: 3,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Cats Hat View Post
It assumes nothing of the sort.

That is one of the reasons why the whole thing is a total mess.
The reason that the thing is a total shambles is that the Govt.consists of a pack of incompetents who couldn't negotiate their way through an open door.
Today, 20:45   #4824
melthebell
*gets coat*

Total Posts: 59,191
Send a message via MSN to melthebell Send a message via Yahoo to melthebell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister M View Post
Just in case anyone missed it, here's the bloke in question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFjfbL1KWNI
hes gonna be reyt happy when all those pakistanis, indians and bangladeshis we make trade deals with waltz right in then lol
_______
Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?
Today, 20:51   #4825
hobinfoot

Total Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyofborg View Post
It isn't interfering.

The countries within the EU and, in particular, those within the single currency signed gave commitments about their budgets and in particular deficits. The Comission has some specific obligations in this regard and they are fulfilling them.

No one forced Italy to adopt the Euro, if they are so concerned by this maybe they shouldn't have joined it nor borrowed significantly more than they could afford to repay.

They could, of course, re-adopt the lira, though that seems likely to be very damaging to the Italian economy.
I bet the Italians think it's interference. They are the third largest economy in the EU and the commission has never told anyone else that that they reject their budget. If that's not interfering I don't know what is.
Today, 20:58   #4826
Mister Gee

Total Posts: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
The reason that the thing is a total shambles is that the Govt.consists of a pack of incompetents who couldn't negotiate their way through an open door.
There's no doubt the main Brexiteers are a bunch of charlatans, spivs and shysters but there's got to come a point where you've got to admit you were duped?
Today, 21:07   #4827
melthebell
*gets coat*

Total Posts: 59,191
Send a message via MSN to melthebell Send a message via Yahoo to melthebell
Quote:
I bet the Italians think it's interference. They are the third largest economy in the EU and the commission has never told anyone else that that they reject their budget. If that's not interfering I don't know what is.
they have rules on budgets and financial stuff that have to be adhered to and yes it means ALL 28 countries have to abide by them
_______
Does your wife know what your up to mel when your in your own little world?
Today, 21:09   #4828
I1L2T3

Total Posts: 15,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELFIRE1 View Post
Aye, it was the genuine peoples vote. And Boy Dave told us all the day before we voted, these pearly words of wisdom.

"Above all, itís about our economy. It will be stronger if we stay. It will be weaker if we leave.

"Thatís a huge risk to Britain Ė to British families; to British jobs Ė and itís irreversible, there is no going back."

"And remember: they canít undo the decision we take. If we vote out, thatís it. It is irreversible. We will leave Europe Ė for good."

Angel1.
Your arguments seem to be getting weaker

And why are you cherry picking only certain things Cameron said. If you trusted him so much you should be getting worried about all the warnings he made.
_______
Brothers, sisters, we don't need that fascist groove thang
Today, 21:36   #4829
Top Cats Hat

Total Posts: 2,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post

the Govt.consists of a pack of incompetents who couldn't negotiate their way through an open door.
What's to negotiate?

Economically, leaving the EU is like shooting yourself in the head, leaving yourself with brain damage then trying to negotiate a job as Professor of Nuclear Physics at the University of Sheffield!

Even a tag team of Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking couldn't negotiate that one for you!
_______
Tommy Robinson- Turning your bigotry into cold hard cash!
Today, 21:39   #4830
Anna B

Total Posts: 11,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoilhat View Post

Of course he was! And besides he's not in charge now, unless you're saying nothing a PM says can be reversed, which would be a bit odd because I bet you can't wait for a universal credit U turn. Brexit? "Wait and see".
And therein lies the problem. Quote: 'Of course he was lying'

When you can't trust the Prime Minister of the UK to tell the truth on such an important, serious issue, who can you trust?

Answer: No-one.

We have been lied to consistently by both sides by people we should most be able to trust, especially when being asked to make perhaps the most important decision since the war. The scum bags have got themselves into a mess entirely of their own making.

And if they hadn't got into the habit of treating the electorate with such utter contempt over the years, and proved over and over again that their only interests were themselves rather than the good of the country, then maybe we would have done what they wanted - if we could have worked it out from the miasma of contradictions, misinformation, and self interest that was being bandied about.

And still is.
Today, 22:14   #4831
andyofborg

Total Posts: 9,823
Quote:
Some might do, but if you sign up to a set of rules and then don't follow them you can expect some consequences.

Anyway, at the end they will do a deal
_______
Very funny Scotty, now beam down the uniform
Reply To Topic