Psalter Lane restriction on lorries

The volume of HGV’s in question will not make any noticeable difference to pollution levels on Ecclesall Rd.

Basically, the residents of Psalter Lane ( and the other locations) have been complaining about HGV traffic and it doesn’t appear people on Ecclesall Road have.

Ecclesall Rd and Psalter Lane are very different in character and it is understandable that the residents of Psalter Lane might feel that it should not be an HGV route.

Would the residents of Ecclesall Road have been consulted about the possible diversion of extra HGV traffic from Psalter Lane to outside their homes and businesses before the restriction was made?

Would the residents of Ecclesall Road have been consulted about the possible diversion of extra HGV traffic from Psalter Lane to outside their homes and businesses before the restriction was made?

All traffic regulation orders are advertised and anyone can object if they wish to.

Traffic avoiding a restriction like that might use other routes. I would very much doubt whether there would be direct consultation with residents / businesses on an alternative route, particularly as the amount of HGV traffic diverted will be relatively minor.

Read the report via the link I provided. It would discuss any planned consultation.

The amount diverted will be relatively minor, making it all relatively pointless and relatively expensive.

The amount diverted will be relatively minor, making it all relatively pointless and relatively expensive.

The residents of Psalter Lane (and the other three roads which are being similarly treated) clearly have a different perception. We can all have different views about matters of perception, but the view that matters is the decision maker. These things are decided by politicians and the decision maker clearly feels it's worth spending the money.

If you disagree, you can write to or call the decision maker (Councillor Scott) and tell them (contact details on the Council website). You could also object to the Traffic Regulation Order when it is advertised. All objections are reported to the Cabinet Member for a decision.

These are diesel belching lorries stuck in the heavy traffic creating more pollution. The engineering report confirms that.

And if its such a modest number why all the fuss from a few privileged persons living in big houses with front gardens. And why change the status quo and make matters worse for more people ?

... not all property on Psalter Lane fits that desciption, there are a good few terraced houses on there too with no garden, or front doors opening directly onto the pavement. Not saying Eccy Road diversion is the solution either, but Psalter Lane isnt all 'privileged persons living in big houses'.

Wheel lane eccelsfield is one that is baffling me. I find it really strange that now anything over 7.5 tone is now made to go up yewlane. Bearing in mind yewlane/Chaucer road is a hell of a lot more populated by council and excouncil houses and also has two schools situated on said roads..

Wheel lane isn’t as populated and the housing situated on wheel lane are all high priced private houses.

All a little fishy to me..

If you don’t believe me google map it..

Guest busdriver1

The part I find interesting is the belief that said pollution stays on the road where it is generated. With wind and various air currents it will certainly find its way back to the road its removed from at some times.

A very narrow view in my opinion. Is there an election due?

The part I find interesting is the belief that said pollution stays on the road where it is generated. With wind and various air currents it will certainly find its way back to the road its removed from at some times.

A very narrow view in my opinion. Is there an election due?

Pollution from vehicles does spread of course, but it's far more concentrated at the point it's generated.

Wheel lane eccelsfield is one that is baffling me. I find it really strange that now anything over 7.5 tone is now made to go up yewlane. Bearing in mind yewlane/Chaucer road is a hell of a lot more populated by council and excouncil houses and also has two schools situated on said roads..

Wheel lane isn’t as populated and the housing situated on wheel lane are all high priced private houses.

All a little fishy to me..

If you don’t believe me google map it..

Have you actually read the report?

The proposal is to ban HGV's on Wheel Lane, The Wheel and Townend Rd. The housing is mixed, there are terraced houses on there. In parts the road is very narrow, which can cause difficulty for normal traffic, let alone large vehicles. That's why they want it restricted.