Knife attacks in Sheffield 2018

Not my fight ,so why would i get involved ?

You wouldn't - as you've already explained, you'd look the other way - moral cowardice and selfishness writ large.

Decent people, people with a backbone, people with moral fibre, people who care about others, do what they can to help.

I'd say most people would.

Despite all the newspaper articles, the vast majority of stabbings are by teenage boys on other teenage boys. Although this is cause for concern in itself, these kids rarely pose any threat to anyone not immediately connected to them and their mates.

Well said ,most people have nothing to worry about .these attacks are nearly always targeted

You wouldn't - as you've already explained, you'd look the other way - moral cowardice and selfishness writ large.

Decent people, people with a backbone, people with moral fibre, people who care about others, do what they can to help.

Decent with a moral backbone fibre? It would not surprise me some daddy uncle or grandpa has hammered that in someones head who now thinks it is morally neccesary to get involved with some people with knifes.

These fights happen mostly between people who know each other or who are both in the mood for it. If one of them were to run hard away instead of looking for conflict. Not like a coward but simply not to get involved with things like stabbing one another it will put less fuel on the conflict.

Edited by dutch

As point of reference, there were no deaths from stabbing in Scotland in 2017, and there are pockets of poverty that Sheffield can't compare to and they've also suffered cuts. They've been treating it as a public health issue.

As point of reference, there were no deaths from stabbing in Scotland in 2017,

But plenty in 2018.

Can't believe that the Lowedges murderer only received 2 or 3 years incarceration.

Can't believe that the Lowedges murderer only received 2 or 3 years incarceration.

yeah, I couldn't believe the sentence either, since you can get more than that simply for being found in possession of a knife:

The maximum penalty for an adult carrying a knife is 4 years in prison and an unlimited fine. You’ll get a prison sentence if you’re convicted of carrying a knife more than once.

https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

Did the murderer get a lower sentence 'cos he was "only" 15 at the time? Not really a strong deterrent that, is it?

But plenty in 2018.

The lady in from the snp didn't mention that ;)

As point of reference, there were no deaths from stabbing in Scotland in 2017, and there are pockets of poverty that Sheffield can't compare to and they've also suffered cuts. They've been treating it as a public health issue.

That's only for under 18s though. Plenty of stabbings amongst adults.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-scotland-41564973

yeah, I couldn't believe the sentence either, since you can get more than that simply for being found in possession of a knife:

The maximum penalty for an adult carrying a knife is 4 years in prison and an unlimited fine. You’ll get a prison sentence if you’re convicted of carrying a knife more than once.

https://www.gov.uk/buying-carrying-knives

Did the murderer get a lower sentence 'cos he was "only" 15 at the time? Not really a strong deterrent that, is it?

Maybe the decision took into account that the murderer did not posses the knife? Maybe the conflict wasn't that one-sided? Maybe the judge has better knowledge of the case than you do?

Maybe the decision took into account that the murderer did not posses the knife? Maybe the conflict wasn't that one-sided? Maybe the judge has better knowledge of the case than you do?

yeah, I read that after I posted :)

He was stabbed with his own knife.

I guess if you’re gonna live by the sword . . .