Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

I was talking to my lad earlier about both the "Grindhouse" films, I wasn't keen on Rodriguez's Planet Terror first time round but need a re-watch.

---------- Post added 14-04-2018 at 00:05 ----------

Did he write but not direct it?

Yeah True romance like Killing Zoe, natural born killers were stories written by him but made by other people, hence why i have the dvds at the end of my tarantino section but not in order where they would be.

I also collect the Rodriguez films on dvd (got sin city, planet terror, el mariachi, desperado, from dusk till dawn, once upon a time in mexico and also spy kids lol, still need the 2 machete films, and the second sin city)

Alien: Covenant. Nice effects but a really messy plot trying to showcase Fassbenders character whilst the rest of the largely forgettable cast were eaten and/or killed. Some odd casting choices in the cast too - Danny Mcbride being the oddest. An effort was made to try expand the mythology of it all but failed really. Maybe needs another view? 4/10

Alien: Covenant. Nice effects but a really messy plot trying to showcase Fassbenders character whilst the rest of the largely forgettable cast were eaten and/or killed. Some odd casting choices in the cast too - Danny Mcbride being the oddest. An effort was made to try expand the mythology of it all but failed really. Maybe needs another view? 4/10

Am I alone in thinking that both Prometheus and Covenant would have been infinitely better films had Fassbender's characters not existed at all? Well, maybe not Prometheus (lots more wrong with that) but Covenant certainly. All the bits that he isn't in are actually pretty decent and could have been worked into a good Alien story without any of the Engineer guff but as soon as the Fass turns up it makes you just wish that Lance Henrikson or Ian Holm were still young. He stinks the film out with his hammy performance.

Inside (À l'intérieur) (2007) 6/10

French horror, its violent, disturbing and really gory. I had to look away a few times and thats not like me. Worth a watch but not for the faint hearted.

I dread to think what the budget was for fake blood!

French horror, its violent, disturbing and really gory. I had to look away a few times and thats not like me. Worth a watch but not for the faint hearted.

How do you know it was fake blood ? :)

How do you know it was fake blood ? :)

Eeewww fingers crossed it was *shudders*.

Most recent films I have seen are:

Toni Erdmann - 10/10

Guardians of the Galaxy VOl 2 - 9/10

Star Wars The Last Jedi - 6/10

Snowden - 7/10

I don't Feel at home in this World Anymore 7/10

Miss Sloane - 9/10

Kill Bill Vol 1 and 2 - 10/10

I remember watching this a while ago, agree with what you say.

The Music Box - 8/10 - L&H, a load of steps and a piano - brilliant.

The Commuter 4/10

Yet another Liam Neeson has a time limit to save the world and his family style film.

If you've seen his earlier film "Non Stop" (2014), its basically the same film but on a train.

Yeah True romance like Killing Zoe, natural born killers were stories written by him but made by other people

Killing Zoe wasn't written by Tarantino. Roger Avary wrote and directed the film. Tarantino was an executive producer.

Killing Zoe wasn't written by Tarantino. Roger Avary wrote and directed the film. Tarantino was an executive producer.

I enjoyed the film at the time, might have to give it another airing.

King Boxer AKA Five Fingers Of Death (1972) - 7/10 - A good not great film but one that kick started the US martial arts craze and influenced many film of the genre to follow.

---------- Post added 18-04-2018 at 23:20 ----------

Berlin Syndrome - 7/10 - A slow burning kidnapping thriller with an Australian tourist being held captive by a German school teacher, builds well but the ending is not as fulfilling as it could have been, I enjoyed it though.

---------- Post added 20-04-2018 at 22:51 ----------

American Made - 7.5/10 - Tom Cruise plays pilot Barry Seal who was recruited by the CIA to photograph South American drug cartels - corruption abounds, good film.

---------- Post added 21-04-2018 at 23:12 ----------

I must have too much time on my hands :hihi:

Thor: Ragnarok - 7/10 - A more comic turn for the MCU on this one, a little muddled in places but entertaining.

Three Days of the Condor, quality 70s thriller with Robert Redford, Faye Dunaway and the excellent Max von Sydow, 9/10