Bodmin St, anyone from there..

I was born at 95 Bodmin Street in 1958, my grandma and grandad, the Baines family, moved in about 1956/7, My mum and dad and me moved to our own house in Wickersley when I was 2. We visited every week and remember the Duckers and O'briens names and the Howe's next door. My grandma worked for a while in the factory on Chippingham Street.

My grandma lived there until the early 70's then moved to the Manor.

Hi Runnerpaul.

we had moved back to where i was born as i had been ill and needed to be "by the seaside" not thet i got there but Preston ws /had cleaner air i suppose than Sheffield then.

Nice to see others remember the school and how we played out for it seemed at the time for ages and we had to make our own games up but we always enjoyed ourselves and never got into bother ..

I do recall very vague memories of going for a walk with Mary and being brought home on the back of somebodies moterbike cause i had knock on a house door desperate to use the toilet ..don't know how far we had got but it was going dark the lady knew to ask if we knew where we lived and i must admit i did as my older bros' had taught me to say it over and over till it stuck in my head .anyway her hubby took me home on his m/bke and went back for Mary. It must have been a family with some money in them days to be able to afford a bike. i can remember my mim saying half the streets out looking for you ...didn't think i was lost never entered my head .. can't have been any more than 5... does anyone recall this...EE.

Hello everyone, I'm from Bodmin St' awhile back.. I went for a short time to huntsmen garden school...

my 2 brothers and sister who are older than me also went there ...

i was born 1947.. we lived at 95 bodmin st' my best friend was nancy wright ..

my neighbors were the duckers and the o' brians/ens..

i remember the rag n bone man coming round in summer mum would get cleaning stuff or the kids could get a book and when you painted it with water it use to change colour ,,or there was a ball filled with straw on a piece of thin elastic on a stick

...My best plaything was a whip and top i'd spend hours going from one end o street to other whipping the top so it would spin along ..The summers used to last forever ....we are the Hensman family ring any bells...

I am Ken Wood from 101 Bodmin St. Pauline Ducker was my childhood sweetheart. My sisters are Chris and Carol and Pamela. Ring any bells?

Hello everyone, I'm from Bodmin St' awhile back.. I went for a short time to huntsmen garden school...

my 2 brothers and sister who are older than me also went there ...

i was born 1947.. we lived at 95 bodmin st' my best friend was nancy wright ..

my neighbors were the duckers and the o' brians/ens..

i remember the rag n bone man coming round in summer mum would get cleaning stuff or the kids could get a book and when you painted it with water it use to change colour ,,or there was a ball filled with straw on a piece of thin elastic on a stick

...My best plaything was a whip and top i'd spend hours going from one end o street to other whipping the top so it would spin along ..The summers used to last forever ....we are the Hensman family ring any bells...

My Grandmother and Gt Grandmother lived at 93 Bodmin St after 1903 and before 1920's cant determine the exact dates. Their names were Harriett and Adelaide Morrell.

Hi Ken we lived at 33, Bodmin St from 1933 to 1952 and my great aunt & uncle must have lived pretty close to you, their name was Preston .Do you remember a family whose name was Burkett ,I think that's the right spelling, they had a sweet shop at your end of the street

I'm Geoff Coopers cousin, he lived at 68.He has now a large spread in Irish Republic

Going back a long way does anyone remember the Smiths of Bodmin St they had a daughter call Else Mary Smith who became a Milliner and trained in Pitsmoor... I think her father was a Geordy.... as I say I think I am clutching at straws here as I am talking way way back...

Hi Everybody, Geoff Cooper here. was born in 1945 and lived at no 68. Mrs Northfields shop was three doors away from us. I have been trying to trace Glenne Pickard for ages. Can anybody help? We were great mates. He went live in Canada with his dad and became a commercial pilot. I moved to London. Glenne came back to do exams at Kiddlington flying school and stayed with us. He met a lass from Scotland nad married her. My wife and I attended the wedding in Glasgow. We lost touch after that. I also remember Miss Hoyle and Miss Brotherton. I also remeber Miss Glossop who taught at the annexe and scared the daylights out of us. I was a great friend of Josie Anne (Tissington) as she was before she got married. I was deeply shocked when she died. I am in Sheffiled at the moment on my cousins computer. I now live in Southern Ireland. Before leaving England I worked for the Home Office and now work as a journalist and also work with a film company as a presenter of documentaries.

I lived at number 33 bodmin street in 1968 i lived there with my parents. dose any1 have any photos og the house only i was only 2 years old and can't remember much about it or can any1 give me any info about the house please i would be very gratfull thanks

I know Tom Marson and knew Josie Tissinton both lived on Bodmin st Tom is 73 aand josie will be around 70 now.

hi frank im terry asplands sister irene .i have been in touch with you before i live in spain but went to see terry he remembered you he still is as smart as paint and he still takes a bit of work on hes been a bricky since he left school hes 76 hes on his own his wife died a few yrs ago hes one daughter and two grandchildren i think he was a bit of a lad with the girls ha ha irene

Edited by 3211
spelt wrong

I had distant family (my 2nd Great Uncle) that lived for a short time at no. 13 Bodmin street in 1911

I was born in brinsworth st in 1953 ihave 4 brothers and3 sisters we all went to hunstmans garden school.we had a good time there mr housley was my teacher in my last year in my first year in the infants it was a lovely teacher called miss scholley does any one else remember .