Reins for children

I used them on my daughter (she is 18 this year) as she was hyperactive and just used to set off running at any given time and just keep going, after a major scare in Meadowhall and Manchester airport I decided this was the only way to keep her safe.

I didnt care it was no longer in fashion I just needed to be sure I wouldn't lose her.

I used them on my daughter (she is 18 this year) as she was hyperactive and just used to set off running at any given time and just keep going, after a major scare in Meadowhall and Manchester airport I decided this was the only way to keep her safe.

I didnt care it was no longer in fashion I just needed to be sure I wouldn't lose her.

Had to re-read your opening sentance, I read it as you use them on your 18 year old daughter!!! I was going to say it's about time to let her go a bit! :hihi:

.....................pity more people don't use them. The parents seem to think it OK for their offspring to run riot in supermarkets/cafes/ restaurants etc. I hate those wrist leads, dogs have leads not children

An Irish lad who had an allotment next to me sometimes would bring his wife and two kids with him while he did a bit of work on the said allotment. These two kids ran riot, or tried to. His wife, also Irish, had a whistle and a long chain. When the kids got too boisterous she'd give 'em a short blast on the whistle and they would stop dead. Then she'd hold the chain up and they would walk back to where they should've been. She had had a strict upbringing herself and had been a novice nun, had a face you could chop wood with and didn't stand no messing about.

I remember them well Used them on my kids and they were bril I used to slip my foot through the reins which left my hands free to look though clothes on fashion rails etc I could browse and the kid couldn't run away if all else failed I found anorak hoods invaluable for grabbing an escaping child, partial strangulation and lack of oxygen stopped them in their tracks :hihi:

I can remember the leather ones! They had a sort of felt(?) lining and two bells on the front. I saw some like that in Chesterfield market a couple of years ago as well as 'frilly knickers' rubber pants that were worn over terry nappies!!! My God that makes me VERY old!!!

I remember these!! i seem to remember mine had a picture of little bunnies on them!!

I can remember the leather ones! They had a sort of felt(?) lining and two bells on the front. I saw some like that in Chesterfield market a couple of years ago as well as 'frilly knickers' rubber pants that were worn over terry nappies!!! My God that makes me VERY old!!!

I remember the leather ones too, and the frilly knickers and rubber pants, still have a complete set

in mansize :blush: