Bins they are a'changin

Our brown bin was delivered this morning. There’s no leaflet attached to it or anything been posted through the letter box!!!

So when to use it from is a complete mystery!

They seem to have stopped collecting our blue bins (yesterday all the bins on my road were not emptied), though we have yet to receive a brown bin.

Our brown bin was delivered this morning. There’s no leaflet attached to it or anything been posted through the letter box!!!

So when to use it from is a complete mystery!

Thanks for that whiteowl.

I looked on SCC website it says I should receive leaflet with the bin. Hmmmm.

I had a leaflet through the other day that said to continue using the blue bin/box as usual until you get a sticker on the bin telling you to switch to the brown one from next collection.

See https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/sheffield/home/bins-recycling-services/your-bins.html

It will tell you on what dates your address is intended:

a. to receive the brown bin; and

b. (subsequently) to start using it.

I got my brown bin a couple of weeks ago and it's exactly the same size as the black bin. I'll wheel it through the back gate diligently every month with three or four milk cartons and a washing up liquid bottle in-perhaps every couple of months the cordial bottle my granddaughter empties will join in. I've asked Veolia, via email, to collect the 2 damaged blue boxes they left me with but not had a reply

Don't bother putting the brown bin out until it's fairly full. What's the point wheeling out a near empty bin?

Don't bother putting the brown bin out until it's fairly full. What's the point wheeling out a near empty bin?

Exactly. I don't put out my current bins until they start to become heavy, or they begin to whiff (unlikely, unless a passer-by has chucked a doggy-doo bag in them).

See https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/content/sheffield/home/bins-recycling-services/your-bins.html

It will tell you on what dates your address is intended:

a. to receive the brown bin; and

b. (subsequently) to start using it.

Entered my post code, then my street address came up, then the system said please wait after 10 min I gave up waiting.

No instructions when brown bin delivered but told by other local residents they had been advised to put out blue bins/boxes for next delivery as before for next delivery then start using brown bin. I did this and box emptied of baby but blue bin not emptied. Seems as though it's confusion all way round

You should have had a leaflet with your brown bin. I' am in S6 it says final collections for blue Bin & Box will be week commencing August 27th they will place a sticker on the blue bin to remind you to start to use your brown bin.

Entered my post code, then my street address came up, then the system said please wait after 10 min I gave up waiting.

It worked for me, for both my home and work addresses.

Just checked and we don't get the brown bin till 24/09/2018. The first collection of your new Brown Bin will be on 31/10/2018

But, why don't we get a discount on our council tax to reflect we're no longer having weekly collections?

We do get weekly bin collections.One week blue bin one week black bin

We do get weekly bin collections.One week blue bin one week black bin

....is the correct answer.