Trading cryptocurrency?

As any invested in this scheme ,according to certain adds it can make you thousands in just days.

Is it a case of if it seems to good to be true then it usually is.

It started off with good intentions but now it's a pyramid scheme waiting to collapse.

How is bitcoin doing right now anyway? Down from the high of nearly £15k to about £6.5k, steadily falling for the last 3 months...

When did I post this, March?

Currently £5000/coin and falling again. Now lower than it was in Nov 2017!

---------- Post added 16-08-2018 at 12:34 ----------

That said, still 2.5 times what it was in May 2017 when this thread started.

The biggest scam going. Everyone & their dog was telling us to get on board in January when price was 15000, it's all gone strangely quiet....

Hi all,

Anyone here interested in crypto? I would like to arrange a meetup and start networking with other people in th crypto/blockchain space. I am genuinly interested in bitcoin and blockchain not just here to invest all my money in a crazy risky investment like crypto.

meetup.com/meetup-group-LjYuXELI/events/256669254/

Hope to meet some of fellow cypto enthusiast in the near future

Regards

Its dying on it's arse right now, I hope you're meeting somewhere with cheap drinks!

I've got 1000 Imagino coins if anybody wants to buy them. They are £10 each, and will probably* skyrocket in value. Cash purchase only please.

*any claims made in this post, are intended to be mis-leading and are intended purely to fund my frivolous lifestyle of excessive alcohol consumption and womanising.

55 minutes ago, geared said:

Its dying on it's arse right now, I hope you're meeting somewhere with cheap drinks!

I can see it going even lower, and not much indication that change is on the horizon, any time soon. Maybe a little pump around Christmas, nothing like last Christmas though. £3330 ish for BTC right now; altcoins have taken  a massive hammering.

The sheer number of coins is a massive problem right now, there is simply no need for them all.

I believe Bitcoin has to fall before things can properly move forward, as a currency it's essentially useless, it simply can't handle a large enough volume of transactions to be used the world over.

As long as Bitcoin remains the main game in town then all other coins derive their value from there, when it sinks then everyone sinks.

Edited by geared

Anyone who views Bitcoin as some sort of investment is a demented currency trader.

The actual value of bitcoin matters not one jot to the people that use it.

£5-6K is what it costs to create a single bitcoin, so one would expect the price to gravitate towards that mark.

but its' crap as a general currency?

Sure if you need to move money in/out of a repressive country or something, but for doing your shopping??  No thanks

The owner of a Canadian crypto exchange currancy dies taking with him the computer passwords for funds in 'Cold Storage'.
Article on the following link.

https://www.ccn.com/190m-gone-how-canada-biggest-bitcoin-exchange-lost-it

So for those of you who have crypto-currancy what happens when the sole holder of the keys dies?